tigers have TROUBLE now!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Aug 9, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You know it wasn't said by Saban, he doesn't exactly just throw info out there and he would also never even mention the words 4 or 5 star when talking about a recruit. And we did pass on a few 4 stars last year but the ones I know about were Thomas and Lucas. thomas because we were already too loaded at RB and he didn't want to redshirt and Lucas because of grades I think.

2. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Are you familiar with SST? (you can find it at southernsportstonight.com) It is a three hour radio program that starts at 5pm each day. All over the south. Most of the talk is about the sec. But all southern teams are included. The hosts will let the majority of the callers pretty well control what the conversations are about. Still mostly sec. Their link is about sports. They even have a link about tailgating. And of course they have recipes. Lots of cajun food too. I was listenin (in southern Ms.) on 1250am. They are broadcasting from BR until 9:00pm. Saban is going to try to join them. Saban called and said he was tied up in staff meetings. If he was not able to join them tonight, he would call in either Wed or Thurs. I don't remember. All sec coaches are frequent guests on this program. Sorry if I upset your cart. Try the web and find out what radio station near you carries the program. YOU WILL ENJOY. And it is a free call-in program. You will hear a lot of WAR EAGLE, ROLL TIDE, HOTTY TODDY, AND GO TIGAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

NOTE: I have corrected that already. Two: no--I don't know of many 5 star players begging to come to OM. Did I state that somewhere?

4. macv72

macv72 Freshman

Am I the only one to notice!

With the West St Mary and Parkview kids asked to grey shirt into next year, Are the Tigers actually close to giving the majority of this years ships to out-of-state prospects? And if they are, is this a first? If my count is right, I have it 14out+12in=26 total.

5. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Weak year in Louisiana for recruits, and a lot of national interest after you win a national title.

6. alaman

alaman Founding Member

LSU has turned down 4 & 5 star recruits each of the last two years. He is turning some down now. With 8-10 to give, he is being very picky. He will turn down 4 & 5's again this year due to limits. When you read a kid committed to a school over LSU, remember, he might not have an LSU offer.

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Any way Saban can still offer those four and five star recruits, assuming they have enough discipline not to show up after summer break fat and out of shape?

Let's see: out of some 120 Division 1-A teams, only about 10 or so have a legit chance of winning a national championship. Think some of the kids on those other 110 teams would give their left testicle for a shot to play for a school like LSU? Think they'd push their asses away from the table and, I dunno, stay in shape like the coaches asked them to?

:confused:

(End of rant.)

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Fat and out of shape is mostly a motivational tool needed to repeat as NC's. That term is used very loosely here....you would not think these guys were fat or out of shape by any means. careful what you read or hear from a driven coach. no matter what, he wont be passing bouquets day one telling them how great they are. the bill parcells school of business and its all business all the time.

Basic training is beginning and the drill seargent isnt tucking anyone in at night.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would like you to list one 5 star player that LSU has turned down in the last 2 years. Just one.

I didn't think so.

10. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

SST has a good show - very fair and balanced - perhaps moreso than any other based in the south. They're based out of Olive Branch, MS (near Memphis) and are extremely knowledgeable and up-to-date about souther football, particularly the SEC. They mostly stick to X's & O's and avoid the other smack that always seems to make it's way onto most radio shows.

Here's their report on seeing LSU yesterday: