Tigers in Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TXTigahFan, Mar 24, 2006.

1. TXTigahFan

TXTigahFan Founding Member

I have lived in Texas for about 5 years now. Prior to that, I had lived my whole life in the great state of Louisiana. There are many things I like about Texas but I yearn for my home state. I am a LSU grad and loyal Tiger fan stuck in the state of the enemy.

I have my flags up on my house, flags and magnets on the vehicles. I am ready for tomorrow. To all Tigers in Texas, lets show the Horns what it means to be a fan. (By the way, if you don't know the difference. A Horn fan sips martinis, drives a BMW, shows up 20 minutes late for a game (if they even go) and leaves early no matter the outcome to miss the traffic. By the way, the never wear their school colors because they are ugly and it would mess up their metrosexual look.)

I have to hear about the Cotton Bowl all the time. We have to win this game!!!!!

2. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

I am right there with ya.

Havnt been here as long as you but everytime I go to the bar I wear all LSU.

And when we win tommorrow I am taking the flag down and wearing it as a cape in the bar.

And the best part is that my squad leader is a HUGE UT fan, so we were going back and forth all day.

Back during football season I had my LSU flags and stickers on my car, so while I was at a meeting he went out and covered it with UT stickers.

SO I went and wrapped his truck in purple sran wrap.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Gonna be a tough game, IMO. I moved here from New Orleans in 1994, and quickly learned to dislike the Horns (arrogance personified, reminds me of Florida fans).

Full disclosure: I'm marrying an Aggie, so I am a bit biased, I guess.

4. TXTigahFan

Katt, I laughed out loud at that. That is why I love college sports!!!!

5. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Damn I want to win this game. We have all media here in Dallas constantly shoving UT down our throats. It still hurts that we lost the Cotton Bowl to the horns. Good thing their fans are such latecomers than none really remember that game. I was taking a little ragging at work today from some of my employees who claim to be TX fans. So I asked them to name one other past bb coach and I would even regard them as TX fans. Amazingly, none could. What a joke.

:geauxtige

6. TXTigahFan

Ah, the bandwagon fans. Everybody has jumped on board in Texas. They are a joke!!

7. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

I live in Mckinney, and there are 2 types of people those that love UT and that hate UT. The street I live on though are all SEC grads, my next door neighbor and I fly our Tiger flags all year.

I will be a nates in Addison to watch the game. True cajuns own the restaurant and they always cater to tiger fans above any else.

Everybody at work and the gym has given me a hard time these past few weeks, but they have changed their tone down some after the Duke but kicking.

There are definitely a ton of bandwagoners here for UT. I am pretty sure most keep a set of clothes for UT and Oklahoma and then sport the winning teams attire for the year.

8. Tiger roux

Tiger roux Freshman

I've been living in Texas for seven years, but I grew up in BR and NO and got my grad degree from LSU and bleed purple and gold. My idiot boss, who is not a bandwagon UT fan but a lifer, says I'm fired if LSU wins. If LSU loses, she says she's going to come by my office everyday and give me the business. Needless to say, I want this victory very badly, but I'm nervous because this will definitely be the toughest matchup of the tournament for the Tigers. The one thing I feel good about is LSU's mental toughness. They find a way to get it done even when everything isn't working. Once again, they need to rise to the occasion and beat the odds. GEAUX TIGERS! :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU!:bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I moved to Houston in 2001 after finishing school at LSU. This is definitely Horn & Aggie country and I can count the number of times I've rooted for either one of them. For the Horns, other than a couple of games when Major Applewhite played, the only game I've ever really wanted them to win was last year against USC.

I've had many co-workers that were either Horns or Aggies and most have been alright. The Horns are arrogant but mostly just normal people. The Aggies are definitely kind of like a cult and almost like their own race, especially the die-hards.:hihi:

The Stro/Mihm game back in 2000 was a classic and hopefully we can have the same outcome. This is the first time that I've ever picked LSU to win it all and my bracket depends on it. We haven't really played our A game in awhile and now would be a good time for it. It sure would be nice to break up the Horns championship sweep and beat A&M, Duke, & them in the same tourney.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I moved to Tx. in 1987, after McDermott was imploding in NO. Work with many UT and Aggie alums, have a son at UT and daughter at A&M. (I graduated from USL, but was a Tiger fan long before I thought about where to go to college).

Interesting thread over at texags.com, but they concluded while they hate LSU fans for their arrogance, they generally hate UT fans worse, and they have to live with UT fans everyday and recruit against them, so they wisely decided to pull for the Tigers in the bball game.

I work with many UT and Aggie, and I hope we win today also, they don't let me forget about the cotton bowl. I'd like to even things up a bit.

What is it with Aggie fans?, they seem to hate everyone that is not an Aggie. There seems to be no justification for respecting any program other than the Aggie program. I'd like to ask them if they know anything about respecting people who have earned it through hard work, talent and RESULTS, moreso over an extended period of years. That disappoints me about the Aggie faithful.