Tigers in Texas

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TXTigahFan, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Tiger roux

Tiger roux Freshman

Texans have the attitude that their state is the best bar none, and East Texans think that their region is its own little country. Obviously, everyone has a right to feel proud of their home, but in East Texas they take pride way too far. They're completely blind to their problems and so take great offense at anyone who would actually prefer to live some place else or dare support a team from some place else, especially if that team comes from right across the border. They think of Louisiana as greatly inferior to them, even though their region has many many of the same problems (poor public schools, pollution, poverty, lack of diversification, etc.). On the other hand, yes, they are definitely a lot of decent people from Texas, many of whom are charming, and on an individual basis a lot of Texans are alright. But they drink the koolaid at a young age when it comes to their state and really resent other people living amongst them supporting other teams. The Aggies in particular are parochial and standoffish. Too bad! :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige LSU! LSU! LSU! :bball: :bball: :bball: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :laflagwav :laflagwav :laflagwav

2. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

I just moved from Houston to Chicago about 4 months ago after spending 7 years in Houston. I moved to Houston after finishing undergrad at LSU and living in LA my whole life.

I expected the Aggies to be obnoxious, but they don't hold a candle to the obnoxiousness of the Longhorn fans. UT has built a great athletic program of late in the major men's sports, but in all honesty, they are overrated. They dominate in a shi##y conference and finally won something this past year. Longhorn fans talk like there is no athletics program that stands up to their program in the entire country. BUT, they can't rationalize the fact that they are on top now for the most part, but they aren't that far removed from being a mediocre program in a bad conference. If they played in the SEC, they would definitely be on par with most of the better schools (i.e. LSU, UGA, etc.).

So, I am glad I don't live in Longhorn country...b/c it is Longhorn country. ATM hasn't won shi# and their fanbase (although cultlike and diehard) is dwindling as all the bandwagon fans of the state of Texas embrace UT as it is doing well in their major sports. But, the fact they think they have a national following is a total joke. No one gives a shi# about most schools outside the major alumni areas. There are small few nationally followed schools (Notre Dame, USC, Miami, etc.), but everyone else basically has good regional followings (like LSU, UT, ATM, UGA, Florida, etc.)

Screw UT...I hope they lose by 20. :angryfire

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

4. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

raylsu covered it completely. I really thought the Aggies would be the worst, but they're not even close. I even LIKED UT some when I moved here, because I respect their academics (and love Ricky Williams!) No more. Not all of their fans are obnoxious, but clearly a higher % are than just about any school. And they do have the luxury of having a memory that goes NO more than a year in the past.

5. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

THIS WILL BE A GRAND WEEK FOR ME ESPECIALLY AT WORK, the crow will start piling on tonight.

6. TXTigahFan

TXTigahFan Founding Member

Oh, how sweet it is!!!!

I ran down my street w/my flag screaming. My neighbors hate me!!

7. Tiger roux

Tiger roux Freshman

My boss is going to throw fits when I show up with my Tiger ball cap on Monday. She claimed she was going to come by my office every day and brag after Texass beat the Tigers. Well, who's gonna be bragging now! Also, another coworker told me before the Duke game that he was pulling for LSU because he knew Texas could beat us but not the Dukies. Of course, he gave us no chance against Duke. Well, you know what they say about be careful what you wish for. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!:geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige :geauxtige LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :lsup: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :tigerhead :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal: :crystal:

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Oh how sweet this is!!!
    Going to the Final Four after beating ut by ten. If they hadn't hit the lucky threes like crazy we would have really embarrassed them. My purple flag will be flying at home and at the office all week!!! Got to enjoy this living in Dallas.:geauxtige

9. raylsu

raylsu Founding Member

Maybe all you guys in Houston / Dallas should just show up to work like no big deal happened this weekend. It would probably infuriorate the Longhorns even more than if you made a big deal about it. B/c...I promise you...this would be their rebuttal if you ran smack..."we love that another school winning a game against us is that big of a deal". Those smug a-holes!!!

:nope:

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

By the way, why to they refer to the shorthorns as the 'sips?'