Tigers in the NFL 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Feb 22, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Was Kadron Boone the Eagles top undrafted free agent signing?
    By Brandon Lee Gowton @BrandonGowton on May 17 2014, 3:46p 13

[​IMG]
    USA TODAY Sports
    According to an AFC personnel man, Eagles undrafted free agent wide receiver Kadon Boone could be a player to watch this summer.

Tweet (4) Share Share 13 Comments
    After the Eagles selected seven new draft picks during the 2014 NFL Draft last week, the team finished off draft weekend by signing fifteen undrafted free agents. The majority of the UDFA class won't amount to much but it's very possible a select few of them will make the team. In 2013, the Eagles ended up with a handful of undrafted free agent that made their final roster. These undrafted free agents are able to win roster spots based on impressive performances in both training camp and preseason.

CSN Philly's Geoff Mosher offers an undrafted free agent name to watch this offseason: Kadron Boone.

Said one AFC personnel man who scouted the former LSU wideout: "He’s gonna make that [Eagles] team."

He’s not a bad receiver; he’s a pretty good receiver," the scout added. "He just got caught up in a place that has two pretty good receivers. He’s going to be fine. I honestly believe he can play either way (outside and slot), and that’s what’s going to benefit him."

"He can run. He has good hands. Very competitive guy," the personnel executive said. "You’ll see. He’s definitely gonna show up. It wouldn’t surprise me if he makes the team and actually contributes. I wouldn’t be surprised if he outplays Huff. It wouldn’t surprise me."

The personnel man notes how Boone was stuck behind talented WR prospects Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry at LSU. He also goes on to call Boone a "faster, more explosive version of [former Eagles wide receiver Jason] Avant."

Here's some more information on Boone thanks to SB Nation LSU blog And The Valley Shook:

Pro Day Height/Weight: 5-11, 193 pounds
    LSU Listed Height/Weight: 6-0, 202
    40-Yard Dash Time: 4.44
    Bench-Press Reps (of 225 pounds): 9
    Vertical Jump: 33 inches
    Short/Long Shuttle: 4.52/11.65
    3-Cone Drill: 7.27
    Broad Jump: 118 inches

Boone has good speed and agility, and was fairly reliable when LSU called upon him last season. There's enough upside for him to catch on somewhere with hard work and a little luck.

And now a scouting report:

Caught 7 passes for 129 yards and 2 TDs last season in 13 games. Started seven games as a junior and posted career-best totals of 26 receptions, 348 yards, and 4 TDs. Consistent receiver who does the little things well. Displays good focus, timing, and eye-hand coordination. Sells routes, works to separate from opponents, and effectively makes catches in stride. Gets up and fights to come away with the ball. Extends to make catches away from his frame.

Obviously this kind of hype doesn't mean much right now, but it's worth noting that this is probably the same AFC personnel man who correctly predicted that Damion Square would make the Eagles roster last year. Boone still has a long, long way to go before earning a roster spot. The Eagles will probably only keep five or six receivers. Four spots are already locked up: Jeremy Maclin, Riley Cooper, Jordan Matthews, and Josh Huff will all be on the roster. I would also say that Brad Smith has an inside track on a roster spot due to his special teams prowess and versatility. Boone is probably competing for a job as the Eagles sixth receiver or a practice squad spot.​

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

wtf? Even if this bitch "was" his "fiancee" who cares, he dumped your gold digging ass. Good for him. What a see you next tuesday. Move along Ho. Quit trippin.

fanatic and plotalot like this.
  6. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Note to crazy gold digger: You've got the goods to get what you want, your approach is all wrong though.
    [​IMG]

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I just remebered that during his interview on the draft stage, the reported mentioned he was getting married to a model soon. Odell looked at him and just smiled but I don't think he said anything about it.

Guess he didn't want his moment taken over by this shit. That would have been exactly what she wanted I assume.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Jeremy Hill signs deal with Cincinnati Bengals
    By Jason Marcum @JasonB_Marcum on May 25 2014, 7:00p 6

[​IMG]
    Al Messerschmidt
    Tweet (14) Share (76) Share 6 Comments
    The Cincinnati Bengals are working to have all of their draft picks signed when they open Organized Team Activities Tuesday, and they've now signed running back Jeremy Hill.

Hill announced the deal had been signed via Twitter:

Cincinnati took Hill and with the 55th-overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft.

Hill was regarded as of the top running backs in this year's class after rushing for 1,401 yards (6.9 ypc) and 16 touchdowns while catching 18 passes for 181 yards 10.1) in 12 games.

He tied a school mark with seven 100-yard games, including a 216-yard performance in the Outback Bowl.

Hill joins a crowded unit with Giovani Bernard and BenJarvus Green-Ellis to form what will be one of the deeper backfields in 2014.

Despite wide speculation that the Bengals would cut Green-Ellis to save money, it appears they are keeping him instead. That's likely so that he can be a veteran mentor to Hill, who's had his share of incidents in college.

Going into the draft, Hill looked to be the type of player that Cincinnati has shied away from with their approach to the draft with the avoidance of character issues. He's been arrested twice at LSU, including one in 2011 for sexual battery -- leading to a guilty plea to misdemeanor carnal knowledge of a juvenile. The second was for assault leading to probation through July 12, 2015.

Earlier this year, Hill sent out a letter to all 32 teams in an effort to explain his past.

"I put myself in that situation, but, like I said, I can't really focus on that," he said. "All I can do is make the right decisions going forward and put myself in the best position possible. ... I'm just moving forward and doing the right things from here on out."

Hill also said that NFL teams are aware of his past.

"It'€™s just up to me to be honest about it and let them know ... everything that happened, and everything else will take care of itself after that," he said.

Hill and Bernard together highlight a bright future for the Bengals' backfield

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

OBJ.............

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Thanks OBS............

[​IMG]