Tigers in the NFL 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Feb 22, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I had no idea that they picked up Moore, furthermore, I don't know why I even attempt to predict what a team will do and I sort of lost sight of the fact that they do in fact have more than 1 draft pick. So yeah, I guess they can. It isn't like you can't get either a WR or DB in the later rounds that have value.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Mett is one that most have going anywhere from the 2nd to the 4th round. Zona and the Bengals are a couple teams being shown by Mock Drafts. Too many teams need a good QB. Most teams have to draft a QB to see if he's coachable in the NFL, with Cam, teams know what they are getting. Mett can make all the throws needed in the NFL. Mett and LSU ran a pro system this past year, so Mett has a leg (Pun intended) up on the rest. A vertical Pro-Style passer, tall in the pocket, steps into the throws, releasing a tight spiral. He has as much up-side as any player in the draft. I still like him in the 2nd round, with an outside chance to sneak into the 1st, too many teams looking for help at the position. Still a ways till draft day. Lots of things can happen.

A lot is riding on April 9th.....in this write-up, they have the LSU Pro Day as the 19th....How is Mett doing? Some answers....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ettenberger-progressing-rapidly-in-knee-rehab

A couple of misprints in this write-up. But still close.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

His bad game against prob had to do with Manziel's bad game against us. He still put up 280 receiving yards against Bama's loaded defense and 290 receiving yards against Auburn's 'not so loaded' defense...as a sophomore. You can't teach size and speed, and many NFL teams will be interested for that reason. But yeah, the kid ain't too bright apparently

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

As for Jeremy Hill.........I have him early second round. I went and E-mailed a Draft Scout I know, he has him in the same spot, early 2nd. Having Cam in your corner helps, like ever offensive player at LSU. NFL teams try and get as much info on every player, the people Cam knows in the NFL, calls have been made. Hill is a North-South runner, good vision, tough to bring down and once hit, gets a few more yards. At around 6'2" 235#'s, great size. Very fluid when he cuts, no wasted motion, Effective receiver out the backfield, soft hands, long arms and good pad level with lots of power. He has sent a letter to every NFL team addressing his off the field issues. He was in a RB rotation at LSU with lots of tread on the tires, a major plus from the LSU Backs. I know this, many teams have him high on their board. There is a good reason, hes a great player in college, shouldn't have a problem in the transition to the Pro's.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Trai Turner is the next player to look at. Many think once he declared that he wouldn't be drafted, I see him getting drafted, as high as the 4th round. Hes a road grader, needs help in pass blocking, something that has been needed at LSU. Get into the second level with blocks. Moves well with his size. He did dominate at the OG position in college, has some upside, with some work and the right team, a couple years, he should have playing time in the NFL. Lots of natural power to start with, an that helps him in the draft. Kind of a square frame with long arms, plays the position well. Once again, playing in a Cam system can payoff.

6. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Go easy on me

Was just reading a draft mag.....it had both Landry and OBJ going in the 3rd round, to Oakland and the NYG.

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Toss that garbage out

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Evans lacks maturity more than anything else. Not unsolvable but the first step is admitting the problem.

Richdog, ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  9. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Not before lining puppy pan...

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

He will have to grow up fast in the NFL, some never do. Like I said, LSU (Raymond and Chief) knew how to play him. They also knew how to play JFootball. How many games did a&m score 10 pts or less last year? Remember this, Chief put JF right where he wanted him, in the pocket. No matter how good a scrambling QB is, he has to learn how to work in the pocket.

Richdog likes this.