Tigers in the NFL 2014 Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Feb 22, 2014.

1. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Mel Kiper actually has Hill listed as like #8 out of 10 RBs. McShay had him at #3.

If that dude ain't #1 then who is?

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Then I would have to ask who in the blue hell was knocking? Hill made a career out of outrunning entire secondaries to the house. His breakaway speed was never in doubt to anyone paying attention.

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The draft guy I talk with, has him the #1 RB this year.

ParadiseiNC and didit like this.
  4. didit

didit Veteran Member

I've been hoping that the saints can get him and end the Ingram experiment.

Richdog, furduknfish and LSUDad like this.
  5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Hill is as prototypical of an NFL RB as you'll see. His combination of size, speed, and agility should have the scouts salivating.

didit and LSUDad like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Saints need other help, WR, OL and LB for starters. Don't know if they want to go that way. I see no less than 10 teams needing some type of help at RB. The Browns and Rams are two that could use a back like Hill, then again, everyone could use him.

A good friend of Cam's is Norv Turner, you know those two have been talking, Norv is the OC with the Vikings. They need help at QB and would like to add depth at a few more positions on the offensive side of the ball. You never know.

didit likes this.
  7. didit

didit Veteran Member

I agree with most everything you said as i don't think we need LBs. We're getting a couple of guys back that were injured early last year and our base D seems to be the 4-2-5 with three safeties (one playing a pseudo-LB). We definitely need a speedy WR and OL help to keep the pressure off of Drew. As far as Hill is concerned, I'm talking if he slides to the 3rd or 4th round like the "experts" are talking. Trade Ingram for some lower round picks and end his stay in the black and gold.

furduknfish and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Don't see Hill making it out of the second. The Saints may start looking for LB help in the later rounds, starting in the 4th. Ryan wants another player to bring pressure from the position, to add with what he has now. I'll keep an eye on this one.

didit likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Just got a note from a friend that was at Pro Day at LSU.

Most of the talk was about Mett, he did very well. Coaches liked what they saw. Landry helped himself with a better 40 time and a better Vertical jump. OBJ caught everything and was very impressive, all enjoyed his workout. Hill showed up well also. Looks like most of the LSU players did the things needed in front of a large group of coaches, NFL scouts and Reps.

Last year we had 9 players drafted, tough to pass that one. There is an outside chance to get 9 or more drafted this year. You never know.
    Boone ran a 4.44 and 4.49 40time.
    Copeland has done well in workouts, he has shed a few pounds, this was needed, an he will have to work Special Teams.
    Blue can work Special Teams, also with a shot to get into a camp, just don't know about drafting, always a chance.