Tigers in the NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's why they give you drugs unless you are some California hippie who wants the "good karma of natural childbirth." Worst pain I ever felt was getting stung in the back of my leg just above my foot by a stingray. They pop you with their tail and leave the poisonous stinger in you and a doctor has to cut it out.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Before the drugs are administered, it's searing pain. I definitely took the drugs.

Then, for some reason, when I had my second daughter, I was feeling tough, so I only had them turn my epidural up half-strength. The last hour before delivery was a little gnarly.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Only half-stength? If I am in a lot of pain and I have control of the meds I'm going full strength all the way

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I had my first child in '01, and at that time, they would not administer an epidural until a woman's labor was well underway (for fear of stalling the labor.) By the time I received my epidural during that first labor, they could've run a red-hot stake up my back if it would've stopped the pain.

My 2nd daughter was born in '05, about two months after doctors realized officially that epidurals did not stall labor. I took one early on when I was not in pain (the procedure was pretty darned unpleasant when not already in pain), so I didn't want to be completely deadened. It was all good for the first 5 hours, but the 6th hour before she was born was some white knuckle time.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Top 10 Tigers in the NFL
    8 hours ago
    Week 7 of NFL action is in the books and here is a look at the Top 10 LSU Tigers in the NFL from this past week.

1. WR – Odell Beckham Jr. (New York Giants): Making the second start of his NFL career, Beckham caught four passes with two going for touchdowns in a 31-21 loss to Dallas. He added a 13-yard rush and his 34 yards receiving pushed his season totals to 10 catches for 106 yards and three scores in three games.

[​IMG]
    (Photo Copyright: USA Today Sports Images)

2. DT – Kyle Williams (Buffalo Bills): Williams logged a season-high five tackles (two solos and three assists) as Buffalo edged past Minnesota, 17-16. On the season, Williams has 18 tackles, a sack, and an interception.

3. WR – Dwayne Bowe (Kansas City Chiefs): Bowe grabbed five passes for 84 yards as the Chiefs squeaked by San Diego, 23-20. In his eighth season in the league, Bowe has 19 receptions for 279 yards and for his career he has 491 receptions for 6,680 yards and 75 touchdowns.

4. DT – Rickey Jean-Francois (Indianapolis Colts): In a 27-0 win against the Bengals, Jean-Francois recorded his second sack of the season and added three tackles (one solo and two assists). The sixth-year veteran has 15 tackles on the season and is only seven away from tying a career high.

5. WR – Rueben Randle (New York Giants): Randle grabbed six passes for 74 yards in a 31-21 loss to the Cowboys. He now has 34 receptions for 321 yards and two touchdowns, and he is only eight catches away from setting a new career high.

6. LB – Kevin Minter (Arizona Cardinals): In his second career start, Minter recorded three solo tackles in a 24-13 win against Oakland. After registering just four tackles as a rookie last year, Minter has 16 on the year.

7. OLB – Barkevious Mingo Cleveland Browns): Mingo tallied three solo tackles in a 24-6 loss to Jacksonville. It ties a season-high mark and he now has 16 tackles (10 solos and six assists).

8. DT – Michael Brockers (St. Louis Rams): In a 28-26 upset win over the Super Bowl champs, Brockers was in on two tackles and also knocked down a pass. He’s started the last 22 straight games in the NFL and now has eight tackles on the year.

9. WR – Brandon LaFell (New England Patriots): LaFell snagged four passes for 55 yards in a 27-25 victory over the Jets. In his first year with the Patriots, the fifth-year veteran has 19 receptions for 337 yards and three touchdowns.

10. WR – Jarvis Landry (Miami Dolphins): In his second career start, Landry logged four receptions for 46 yards as the Dolphins beat the Bears, 27-14. That boosted his season totals to 232 yards and a touchdown on 22 catches.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Minter has 16 tackles on the year, that was a slow day for him at LSU. What did he have...21 against Florida in a game he exited early.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

For a male, a blow to the private parts is the most excruciating pain I've experienced. I took one in a HS football game and I was Tony Soprano for a couple of days.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

• Shea Dixon
      • LSU now WRU?
        LSU reigned for much of the past decade as Defensive Line University, or "DLU" , an acknowledgement to the number of defensive linemen that have come out of the program and into the NFL. And following NFL Draft defensive back selections like Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu, Eric Reid and Morris Claiborne, the Tigers have more recently transitioned to carrying the "DBU" label.

Is "WRU" now a title the Bayou Bengals can stake claim of?

On Tuesday, former receiver Kadron Boone signed with the St. Louis Rams, and earlier in the day, the Tampa Buccaneers signed wide receiver and kick returner Trindon Holliday. Now, every starting wide receiver at LSU from 2011-13 is now in the NFL.

In this past year's draft, Odell Beckham Jr. was taken in the first round of the NFL Draft, and Jarvis Landry was drafted in the second round. James Wright was taken in the seventh round, and all three have seen action on Sundays as rookies this season.

Other former LSU wide receivers in the NFL include Dwayne Bowe, Brandon LaFell, Rueben Randle and Russell Shepard.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Maybe LSU is now the PRO U!

LSUDad likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU has sent running backs, wide receivers, defensive linemen and defensive backs to the NFL in abundance. Sadly not enough quarterbacks, offensive linemen or linebackers

LSUDad likes this.