Tigers in the NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 22, 2014.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Oh, not saying he was trying to hurt him, just that it was similar to the play in the Saints game. In fact, far more questionable, because the Saint blocked his man in the chest, whereas the guy who got Brooks went low.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    40-Yard Slant, NFL
    LSU Sports Round-Up, Volume 4: Jarvis Landry Named AFC Special Teams Player of the Month

[​IMG]

Miami Dolphins rookie kick returner Jarvis Landry has been named AFC Special Teams Player of the Month for October.

[​IMG]
    In the month of October, Landry, the Dolphins second-round pick (63rd overall) in the 2014 NFL draft, returned five kickoffs for 178 yards (35.6), with a long of 54 yards. The 35.6 average kickoff return is second-highest in the NFL in October and is the highest October average in franchise history.

On the season, Landry has returned 16 kicks for 500 yards, including a long of 74 yards, for an average of 31.3 yards per kickoff return. The 31.3 yards per kick return currently leads the NFL and his long return of 74 yards is sixth-longest in the NFL. He is the first Miami special teams player to be honored with the monthly award since kicker Dan Carpenter in 2010.

The former LSU product is also pushing formore playing time as a receiver. After beginning the season buried on the depth chart, Landry is now the number two receiver behind New Orleans, Louisiana native, Mike Wallace. Landry’s best game of the season was in week 6 when he snagged 6 passes for 175 yards and a touchdown versus the Green Bay Packers. Number 14 has 25 catches and 255 yards and a score for the season. But big plays is nothing new for this second round pick.

[​IMG]Landry is a member of one of the most prolific passing trios in LSU history with quarterback Zach Mettenberger and fellow receiver, Odell Beckham, Jr. Mettenberger is now starting quarterback for the Tennessee Titans and Beckham is starting receiver for the New York Giants. Not too shabby for these former Bayou Bengals!

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Odell Beckham will cheer on his mother in NYC Marathon on Sunday
    POSTED BY: ODELL BECKHAM JR in NEWS

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants don't play until Monday Night this week, which is a nice break for rookie wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. Beckham's mother, Heather Van Norman, is running in the New York City Marathon on Sunday, and because he has no game that day, Beckham has a chance to go and watch her.

"I'm going to try and find her, maybe help her with that last stretch," Beckham said Friday. "I know she'll make it, but I'm going to be there for her."

Van Norman was a six-time All-America sprinter at LSU and is now the track and cross country coach at Nicholls State University. Beckham said she runs more than 10 miles a day but that this will be her first marathon. He said he'd like to run the final eight miles with her, though that seems unlikely considering he has a game the next night and the security measures the marathon has in place to make sure only registered runners are on the course.

Regardless, Beckham will be there to support his mother, with whom he has a strong running rivalry.

"We have this ongoing bet. She thinks she can beat me in the mile," Beckham said. "I don't even know what I run a mile in, but I know I'm faster than my mom."

Beckham said he didn't know how he'd navigate the course as a spectator, since he refuses to ride the subway and he knows streets will be closed. He also said his mother doesn't have a time goal -- that since it's her first marathon, "she just wants to finish."

Her and thousands more.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Jarvis had a big day as did Jeremy Hill with over 135 yards on the ground and 2 TD's, and Patrick Peterson did his thing against Dez pretty much locked him down all day. HB32 looked good too, Arizona is for real. Now let's get some big numbers from OBJ, Randle, and LaFell and I'll be a happy hombre.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

Jeremy Hill is still running he has gotten me 30.5 fantasy points this week, shamon'

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaFell w a TD too

7. LaSalleAve

Dudes, LaFell is turning into that guy LSU fans thought he always could be. He had his drops, sure, no one ran better routes, no one blew fools up blocking in the run game like him, now he has a qb that can get him the ball, and he is showing that he can be a 1 with a good TE and a good slot guy. Dude is a beast.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

He was always good at busting off long TD runs to close out games. Good for him

Bengal B and LSUDad like this.
  10. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Brad Wing (Pitt) just threw a 2pt conversion pass, nice.

LSUDad likes this.