Tigers in the NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 22, 2014.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Only until midnight Saturday.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

FYI, today is OBJ birthday, he is 22 years old. Another note, his Mom, Heather Van Norman was 22 years old when she had OBJ.

Before Draft story:
    Odell Beckham Jr. challenging his mom to 40-yard dash
    By Dan Kadar @MockingTheDraft on Feb 21 2014, 6:37p 8

[​IMG]
    Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports
    Most players want to compete against other draft prospects. The former LSU receiver is looking to run a faster time than his mother.

INDIANAPOLIS - For most draft prospects, the 40-yard dash is the showcase event at the NFL Scouting Combine. Several of the faster wide receivers and running back prospects who came through the Lucas Oil Stadium talked about breaking Chris Johnson's 2008 record of 4.24 seconds.

Former LSU wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. seems content in simply beating his mom in the 40.

For many players that may seem strange. It's not for Beckham, whose mom is former LSU track All-American and current Nicholls State track & field coach Heather Van Norman.

Beckham said when his mom watches his games, she's not critiquing his pass-catching skills. Instead, she'll tell her son what he needs to improve with his footwork.

"She’s been a track coach for a while. I remember her texting me after games. I had decent games, and she’s texting me – ‘Oh, your form looks great,'" Beckham said. "It’s funny to hear coming from her. She’s a track coach. It’s not like, ‘That’s a nice catch.’ She’s talking about running form."

After the combine, Beckham plans on challenge his mom to a 40-yard dash contest. But what could she run?

"Probably a 4.2. She's pretty fast," Beckham said.

If she wins, Beckham said he'd pay for her to get her nails done. He wasn't sure what he'd want if he wins.

Any other type of bets for Beckham? Last year LSU teammates Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery bet who would get drafted first. Beckham said he wasn't betting fellow Tigers wide receiver Jarvis Landry on where they'll be picked.

"Jarvis is like a brother to me, so we just wish the best for each other," Beckham said. "Honestly, whoever gets picked first you'll be sitting there clapping, and I just hope he does the best he can."

Winston1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Patrick Peterson with two 4th qtr interceptions. both basically won the game against the rams.

first one was just your run of the mill interception.

the second one was deflected by the receiver, then peterson tips it with his left hand way up in the air then somehow times the catch then high steps it in for 6. one of the more athletic ints you'll see.

was the first pick 6 for peterson (in the nfl).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Lots of Former Tigers having good games today, their teams, no so good.

Tenn and the Ravens today:

Mett and Flacco each attempted 27 passes and each completed 16, Mett for 179 yds., Flacco 169 yds.

PP, Player of the Game with 2 Tackles, 2Ints and one returned for a TD.

OBJ and Landry still doing very good. Its very hard for a WR to make it this good in the NFL their first season, but these two have hit the ground running.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Richard Sherman: Odell Beckham Jr. 'is a great player'

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
    • By Marc Sessler

As we noted on Sunday's podcast, Giants quarterback Eli Manning wasn't afraid to throw at Richard Sherman in Sunday's 38-17 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

That had everything to do with Odell Beckham Jr., New York's rookie wideout who piled up a team-high seven catches for 108 yards despite facing the All-Pro cornerback in coverage for most of the afternoon.

"Beckham is a great player," Sherman said after the game, per the New York Daily News. "So they had to depend on him and take risks and take shots in games like this. He was able to get one earlier, which was a great play by him."

That play came late in the first quarter, when Beckham used his speed to get behind Sherman on a sprint down the sideline on a 44-yard gain for New York.

Two plays later, Beckham fried cornerback Marcus Burley down the boundary line for a 26-yard haul en route to 86 receiving yards over the first 16 minutes of play.

As NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah told NFL NOW, "If you don't get a hand on Odell Beckham off the line of scrimmage ... he will get on top of any corner. Arguably the best corner in the NFL (Sherman) could not run with Odell Beckham in the open field."

As the first Giants rookie receiver with back-to-back 100-yard outings since Byron Williams in 1983, Beckham -- despite missing the first four games of the year -- has an outside shot to climb back into the Offensive Rookie of the Year derby. Jeremiah already ranks him above Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans.

"I think long-term, just because of his dynamic skill set," Jeremiah said, "I think he's a more polished route-runner than either one of those guys -- I think he'll end up being the best wide receiver in this entire draft class, and that's saying a lot."

TigerTap, shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Big day for Patrick Peterson
    Nov 10, 10:00 AM
    After signing a five-year, $70 million deal with $48 million guaranteed back during the summer, big things were expected from former LSU and current Arizona cornerback Patrick Peterson.

However, midway through the 2014 campaign, Peterson’s season was considered a disappointment by many.

The fourth-year pro quieted some of that criticism on Sunday when he intercepted two passes with one going back for a 30-yard touchdown in a 31-14 win over St. Louis.

Peterson tipped the pass to himself and after bolting to the end zone, he went over and handed the ball to a lucky Cardinal fan.

Highlights: Patrick Peterson's Pick 6
    Highlights: Patrick Peterson's Pick 6

http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/sports/highlights-patrick-petersons-pick-6/vp-AA7mdiC
    Peterson now has 14 interceptions during his career but that was the first one that he returned for a touchdown.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Did anyone catch Michael Irvin's comments on Jarvis? Basically said "from the beginning, I told everyone I know if you are drafting WR this is the guy you want" had very high praise for our Tiger.

Ryan Tannehill spoke very highly of him as well. Said he works his tail off.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

If you are missing SNF, OBJ is putting on a show early. RR is doing good also. They need to keep throwing the rock.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

OBJ, just labeled, "The Greatest Catch Ever!" Did you see it?

LSUTiga likes this.