Tigers in the NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 22, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Hill not making fans in Cleveland
    The rivalry between the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals is one of the most heated in the NFL, and Bengals rookie running back Jeremy Hill added some fuel to the fire after the Browns beat the Bengals 24-3 in week 10. Following the loss, Hill took a shot at Cleveland, saying the Browns were "worse" than the Bengals thought they were, and that a rematch wouldn't go well for Cleveland.

Hill was right.

During Johnny Manziel's first career start for the Browns on Sunday, Hill led the Bengals to a 30-0 win, rushing for 148 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries.

Following one touchdown, Hill mocked Cleveland's hometown hero LeBron James by pretending to throw up chalk, as James does before every game. On another touchdown, Hill tried to leap into the stands to celebrate with Bengals fans - but a Browns fan wasn't having any of it.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Johnny had his own problems, thanks to the Tigers?

Bengals used tape of Johnny Manziel against LSU to expose him
    December 14, 2014
    by Larry Brown
    • [​IMG]
      How were the Cincinnati Bengals able to dominate the Cleveland Browns on Sunday and force Johnny Manziel into such a terrible performance? They went back to his college career to find out his weakness.

Though Manziel was great during his two years in college and won the Heisman Trophy, he was 0-2 in his career against LSU. In 2012, Manziel was 29-of-56 and was picked off three times without throwing a touchdown in a 24-19 loss to the Tigers. In 2013, he was just 16-of-41 for 224 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions in a 41-16 loss.

So what was the secret LSU used against Manziel? Don’t let Manziel go left!

That’s what Peter King said Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther emphasized in his game plan for Sunday.

The plan worked to perfection: Manziel was just 10-of-18 for an atrocious 80 yards, no touchdowns and two interceptions. Ordinarily a big threat on the ground, Manziel only rushed for 13 yards in the 30-0 loss. The Bengals loved stifling him and taunted him every chance they got.

Now that Manziel knows what NFL defenses will try to do him, it will be up to him to work hard to adjust. How hard he works on improving will let us know how much he wants to succeed as a pro.

StaceyO likes this.
  3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Manziel has a target on his back every game he plays. No defensive player in the league likes him and can't wait to get a big hit on him. Browns would be smart to keep Hoyer in...who could hate on a guy like Brian Hoyer?

And I love what Hill is doing to Cleveland fans. It's a rivalry and he backed it up. LeBron was at the game too

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    George Walker IV / The Tennessean

Titans quarterback Zach Mettenberger.

Zach Mettenberger hesitated in answering the question.

Even the confident and sometimes brash rookie quarterback knew his answer could come across as a little too cocky.

Why should the Titans stick with him as their starter in 2015? What makes him a better option than potential top three draft picks like Marcus Mariota (Oregon) or Jameis Winston (Florida State), or a free agent quarterback?

"This is never an easy question, it never comes off right for a guy,'' Mettenberger replied this week. "But there's not another guy out there who can do what I can do and bring what I can bring to this game. Obviously (the Titans) have seen how hard I work and know that I'm a gym rat, and know that I am going to continue to get better. Really all I can do is continue that and show that I am going to continue doing it."

Mettenberger has practiced with the Titans this week for the first time since re-injuring his right shoulder in a December 7 loss to the Giants.

But his work is done for the season on Sundays. When the season ends against the Colts this Sunday, Mettenberger's professional resume will show he started six games for the Titans in 2014, providing moments both good and bad.

The strong-armed, sixth-round pick from Louisiana State University knows he's a work in progress. He also believes he's the man for the job moving forward.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

1. Tennessee needs an offensive line to protect him. Zach is not going to be a guy that will ever be able to scramble.
    2. He needs weapons. A good running game and some a big receiver along with a speed guy, also in today's NFL it always helps to have a good pass catching tight end.
    3. Tennessee has to get better on defense.

I guess that's the recipe for any good NFL team, but it all starts with the qb, and I think he can be a good one.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Tenn problems are more than QB, way more. There are a number of great OL coming out this year, they would do well to draft a few.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Odell Beckham Jr. is 1st alternate
    Updated: December 24, 2014, 10:29 AM ET
    By Dan Graziano | ESPN.com
    Odell Beckham Jr. wasn't selected to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday night, but the electrifying New York Giants wide receiver has a good chance to cap off his brilliant rookie season at the NFL's all-star game nonetheless.

Beckham is a first alternate selection at wide receiver. And since players inevitably drop out of the Pro Bowl due to injury or their team reaching the Super Bowl (which Beckham's will not), Beckham seems to stand a good chance of being added to the team in the coming weeks.

[​IMG]
    AP Photo/James KenneyOdell Beckham Jr. is likely to make his first Pro Bowl appearance after being named a first alternate
    The Pro Bowl will be held Jan. 25 in Glendale, Arizona, one week before Super Bowl XLIX is played there.

Beckham was the Giants' first-round pick (12th overall) in this year's draft, and he missed all of training camp and the first four games of the season due to a hamstring injury. But in the 11 games he has played, he has caught a Giants rookie record 79 passes for 1,120 yards and 11 touchdowns. His highlight-reel, one-handed touchdown catch against the Cowboys in a prime-time game in Week 12 made him a national star and led to his having dinner with LeBron James and texting with Michael Jordan.

Beckham and the Giants will finish their 2014 season Sunday with a home game against the Philadelphia Eagles at 1 p.m. ET.

The only other Giant recognized in the Pro Bowl selections Tuesday was Jason Pierre-Paul, who has 10.5 sacks and is a fourth alternate at defensive end. This is the second year in a row that the Giants have not had anyone selected to the Pro Bowl, although safety Antrel Rolle ended up going last season as an injury replacement.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Mett....

[​IMG]

Herb likes this.
  9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He's the hairy headed gent
    who ran amuck in Kent
    Lately he's been overhead in Mayfair
    Better stay away from him
    He'll rip your lungs out, Jim