Tigers in the NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 22, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

OBJ in the Pro Bowl..........

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

That catch was pretty bad ass. The effort for hauling in that ball proves his selection was no fluke. I am happy for him to demonstrate he belonged there.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

See this yet?

Mercedes Jerry Rice Andrew Hunt Commercial 2015 Big Race Viewing Party:

1BIGTIGER, Bengal B and LSUDad like this.
  5. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

I hope OBJ has a career like Rice he was awesome to watch!

LSUDad likes this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

More:
    Odell Beckham Jr. admits he played all season with two tears in hamstring, per NJ.com

By Julie Boudwin, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

on January 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Former LSU star Odell Beckham Jr. had one of the best wide receiver seasons in 2014 as a rookie.

The New York Giants wideout finished the 2014 season with 91 grabs for 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns -- in only 12 games. Beckham missed the first few games of the season because of a hamstring injury and on Sunday night after the Pro Bowl, Beckham admitted he never got back to 100 percent from the injury and actually played with two tears in his hamstring, according to NJ.com.

"Well, I was never really healthy this season anyway," he said. "I was just trying to manage and maintain it the best I could all year."

Beckham said the tear of the semitendinosus muscle and the hamstring belly, never fully healed.

"It's still not right," he said after he caught five passes for 89 yards in the Pro Bowl. "I'm still wrong on it, trying to get it 100 (percent) for next year."

He added: "I could never really have that last gear that I wanted to have. If you go look at the Colts game and the Philly game, every time I went to break away I was stumbling and tripping, trying to fall over just because my hamstring wasn't strong enough to maintain all that."

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

OBJ getting more notice:
    Beckham Jr. Catch LSWA's 'Headliner of the Year'

Published: January 24, 2015, 11:00 PM (CT)
    by LSUsports.net (@lsusports), LSU Sports Interactive

By John Marcase
    Louisiana Sports Writers Association

It was possibly the most spectacular catch in NFL history.

To those who watched him every day during his career at LSU, and even during his time at Isidore Newman School in New Orleans, it was not surprising.

They had seen Odell Beckham Jr. make the spectacular appear routine.

The catch, a one-handed grab of an Eli Manning pass in which Beckham reached behind as far as he could while being interfered with, resulted in a 43-yard touchdown against the Cowboys. That it occurred on Sunday Night Football only added to the social media frenzy.

As amazing as the grab was, it may not have been Beckham’s most impressive feat of the 2014 NFL season.

No, his most amazing feat may be the fact he caught 91 passes for 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns despite missing the first four games of the season with hamstring issues.

Beckham’s spectacular rookie season not only netted him four Rookie of the Week awards, two Offensive Rookie of the Month awards and a Pro Bowl selection, it also makes him the Louisiana Sports Writers Association’s 2014 Headliner of the Year.

In voting from media around the state, Beckham received 122 points and 11 first-place votes to edge New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis, who received 107 points and 14 first-place votes. The Louisiana-Lafayette baseball team that set school records and spent most of the 2014 season ranked No. 1 finished a distant third in the voting with 61½ points and 2 first-place votes. In all, 10 teams or individuals received a first-place vote.

“I felt the year went well,” Beckham said following the Giants’ last game of the season. “There is still so much I can look back on, and I wish I could’ve done that and I wish I could’ve done this, but it was great to get here and be able to learn and experience things, to get a year of experience underneath my belt, and I am looking forward to next year with a smile.”

So are the Giants.

Beckham finished the season with four consecutive games of 130 receiving yards and a touchdown. The last time a rookie receiver had four consecutive games of 100 yards receiving came in the 1950s.

He also set numerous franchise and NFL rookie records for receiving yards, but more impressively, Beckham tied Hall of Famer Michael Irvin’s record of nine straight games with 90 or more receiving yards.

“Anytime you get put in a category with a great like that and a Hall of Famer, it is an accomplishment and an honor and a privilege to be on the same boat as him.”

Giants general manager Jerry Reese, in an interview on New York radio station WFAN, admitted the team was targeting Clemson’s Sammie Watkins in last year’s NFL Draft before Buffalo traded up to select Watkins.

That led to the Giants eventually taking Beckham with the 12th overall pick. The Bills’ decision paid off for the Giants.

“He has a gifted skill set,” said Reese. “I have been around a long time, and really the hands and the ball skills, I don’t know I have seen anybody with the ball skills that this kid has.”

And Reese and the Giants learned what LSU coach Les Miles and Beckham’s Tiger teammates have known for some time.

“He makes catches in practice way more spectacular than some of the ones you see on Sunday,” said Reese.

Beckham’s honors and awards figure to grow in the coming days when the NFL’s Rookie of the Year is announced on the eve of the Super Bowl.

2014 HEADLINER OF THE YEAR VOTING
    (First-place votes in parentheses)
    1, Odell Beckham Jr. 122 (11)
    2, Anthony Davis 107 (14)
    3, UL-Lafayette Baseball 61½ (2)
    4, Dak Prescott 48 (2)
    5, Sam Burns 39 (2)
    6, Patrick Reed 34
    7, Barbe Baseball 27 (2)
    8, Elfrid Payton 20
    9, LSU Gymnastics 19 (1)
    10, UL-Lafayette Softball 10½
    Others Receiving Votes: Prep Sports 7 (1), Tyler Summitt 6, Nour Abbes 5 (1), Aaron Nola 5 (1), Broderick Fobbs 5, Vicar’s In Trouble 2, Acadiana Football 2, Northwestern State women’s basketball 1, Delgado Community College Baseball 1, Kenny Henderson fired as LHSAA Commissioner 1, LSU Eunice Softball 1.

PREVIOUS HEADLINERS OF THE YEAR
    2013 – Peyton Manning
    2012 – Tom Benson
    2011 – Drew Brees
    2010 — New Orleans Saints
    2009 — Drew Brees
    2008 — Chris Paul
    2007 — LSU football team
    2006 — New Orleans Saints
    2005 — New Orleans Saints
    2004 — Nick Saban
    2003 — LSU football team
    2002 — New Orleans Hornets
    2001 — David Toms
    2000 — Jim Haslett, Randy Mueller
    1999 — Peyton Manning

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

[​IMG]

shane0911 and didit like this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Look at you going wu tang clan on us.

rachellsu01 likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Patrick Peterson Still Has Faith in Morris Claiborne

[​IMG]
    (Photo: Matthew Emmons, USA TODAY Sports)
    Arizona Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson and Dallas Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne were both Thorpe Award winners at LSU and both high NFL draft picks, but their pro careers have gone in opposite directions since then.

Peterson has established himself as one of the NFL's premier cornerbacks, while Claiborne has been a disappointment. That disappointment continued in 2014 when Claiborne saw his season come to an end four games in due to a torn ACL.

Peterson spoke about Claiborne's struggles while at the Pro Bowl and said he still feels Claiborne can bounce back from his problems.

“He’s just got to stay healthy. That’s the main thing with Morris,” Peterson said, via DallasCowboys.com. “He’s got the ability and all the intangibles in the world.”

Peterson said that injuries have damaged Claiborne's confidence.

“At the end of the day, I think he was lacking, honestly, in confidence because he couldn’t stay healthy,” Peterson said. “That comes with the territory of the game. But, he has more than enough ability to get the job done."

Peterson still believes in his former college teammate's ability to turn his NFL career around.

"I definitely think Morris can turn the corner,” Peterson said. “He’s got all the talent. He’s been battling injuries since he got into the league. If you want to play in this league at a high level, one, you have to play with a healthy body. Two, you have to play with a clear mind. Three, you just have to play with confidence.”