Tigers in the NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 22, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Michael Irvin: Cowboys should fear facing Giants' Beckham in future
    FOX Sports Southwest
    JAN 28, 2015 1:48p ET

[​IMG]
    Kirby Lee / USA TODAY Sports

Michael Irvin knows the Dallas Cowboys have one of the league's best wide receivers in Dez Bryant, but the Hall of Famer believes their NFC East rival has one just as good.

Irvin has seen the athleticism New York Giants' rookie Odell Beckham Jr. showed this season, and he got a look at it first-hand as a coach at the Pro Bowl last weekend.

"I was on the sideline with the Cowboys coaching staff and the one thing we talked a lot about was, 'Man, you guys are going to have to deal with Odell Beckham Jr. for the next 10-15 years," Irving said, according to NJ.com. "And they were like, 'Yeah, we've got some real problems.'"

Beckham had 1,305 yards receiving yards and 12 touchdowns to earn NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year honors.

He made 91 receptions in 2014, but one stands out among the rest. The Cowboys escaped with a 31-28 road win in Week 12, but Beckham stole the show with a spectacular one-handed touchdown grab.

"That boy is a bad man," Irvin said. "He's just a bad player, a great player, doing great things early on in his career."

shane0911 likes this.
  2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Odell Beckham Jr. looks to set world record for one-handed catches in a minute
    Posted: Jan 29, 2015 8:17 AM CST Updated: Jan 29, 2015 8:17 AM CST
    Posted by WAFB Staff
    [​IMG]
    Former LSU and current New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. will attempt to set a world record Thursday.

Beckham will try to set the Guinness World Record for most one-handed catches in a minute. According to reports, he must catch at least 10 footballs at a distance of at least 10 yards to set the record.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees will lend his passing talents to the feat, as he will be the one throwing to Beckham.

Beckham made what some have called the “greatest catch ever” when he made an acrobatic one-handed catch during the regular season. It helped the rookie receiver earn a trip to the Pro Bowl this season.

He finished his first year with 91 catches for more than 1,300 yards and 12 touchdowns.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ran out of balls and OBJ started tossing them back to drew so they could keep going.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Too easy for those two.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

From LSU to Super Bowl XLIX
    Seattle Seahawks cornerback Tharold Simon is a long way from home from his days in Southwest Louisiana at Eunice High School and his time spent at LSU.

There are several things that Simon has noticed that differentiate the great Northwest from life in South Louisiana with no big surprises.

“The food’s not as good — at all — but the city is great,” Simon said in a piece by USA Today . “I like the weather. I am far away from home, but you know, it’s a great environment. It’s easier to stay out of trouble. In Louisiana, sometimes trouble will find you.”

Trouble found Simon days before he was set to get drafted in the 2013 NFL Draft and he slipped to the fifth round after leaving LSU early.

Simon already has one Super Bowl ring and he hopes to get another one on Sunday when the Seahawks meet the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLIX.

Simon says his time at LSU helped prepare him for life at the next level.

“I ain’t going to say it was very easy, but it was an easier process because I had come from one of the toughest conferences in college football,” he said. “Just playing under them, Coach (Les) Miles and those guys, they always taught you to just go, just play football.”

Simon started five out of the 10 games he has played in this season and collected 13 tackles and one interception.

[​IMG]
    (Photo: 247Sports)

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I always thought that Steven Ridley was a pretty level headed guy until today. After signing with the Jets he went out and got a Jets tattoo on his arm.

8. shane0911

That boy been eatin at the wrong places.
    Hard to compare anything to the food in La but the seafood in Seattle is out of this world good.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Was there for almost a week, two places were good, the rest, ok. But that's just me.
    Talking with the owner of George's in BTR the other day, he's gonna open a place in S. Carolina, he said that he couldn't find a good place to eat in two towns. Gonna do a few Gumbo's and PoBoys.

10. shane0911

Let me guess, Tonys is better right.

I spent a week in Seattle and ate seafood every night a whole row of places overlooking the sound. Never has just an ok meal, but that's just me