Tigers in the NFL

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

[​IMG]

ParadiseiNC, didit, leroy7500 and 2 others like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Yep, he had problems. But I also remember watching a game where he lost the grip on his bat during a swing and it flew into the stands. Some lady came up with it, but Belle insisted that he finish the at-bat with that bat. She reluctantly gave it back, and he launched one a couple of pitches later. Then he autographed the bat and returned it to the lady. Pretty cool.

tirk and GiantDuckFan like this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Brian likes this.
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Brian likes this.
  5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

May be a cultural thing. Google black people don't tip. Even black waiters and bartenders don't like to wait on other black people. People in the service industry call them Canadians, like when a party of blacks walks into a restaurant a waiter will tell the hostess "please don't seat the Canadians at my table"

Richdog and Brian like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Tiger Woods is famous for being a crappy tipper

Brian likes this.
  7. didit

didit Veteran Member

as a person who parked cars while in college, i understand wanting to be rewarded for good service and as an adult, i usually give 20% to start... i say usually, because there are times where i've received poor service and tipped less than 20% to make a point... there are also times where i've tipped more than 20% to make a point... in extreme cases when the poor service wasn't the fault of the server and i've had the meal comped, the entire comped bill became the tip...
    i read the article and i saw the response by Cornell (cousin maybe?)... his side seems to make it look like they ordered food to go and didn't get served at a table... should you still leave 20% on a pickup order? not defending Donte but there are 2 sides to this story...
    edit: after looking at the receipt, it says table and not take-out... this implies they dined in and a tip would have been warranted

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Richdog and Brian like this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't tip for pickup orders. I don't tip at coffee shops when all the barista has to do is pour a cup of coffee and hand it to me. I tip bartenders well and I tip waiters who come to my table and serve me. You have to draw the line somewhere. I tip the guy who delivers my pizza but I don't tip when I go pick it up myself.

Richdog, Brian, furduknfish and 2 others like this.
  9. didit

didit Veteran Member

exactly how i handle those situations...
    quick story... i order curbside pick-up for dinner one night... except, they don't even bring it out to the car anymore... when i go in to get the bag, i don't leave a tip and the person makes some snide remark... i ask for the manager and commence to question his employee's attitude... i also question why i need to leave a tip for picking up my own order... i don't tip the person at the fast food drive thru... the manager agreed with me and said the attitude was unwarranted... he also recognized me from actually going in and eating on occasion... when i dine in it tip, when i pick up i don't tip...

Richdog, Brian and Bengal B like this.
  10. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I typically agree with this. However, at one of my most frequented restaurants, the bartender has to answer the phone, take go orders, leave the bar (busy or not) to go get my order, thus putting her in the position of neglecting her bar area customers. When I pick up, I leave her 3 or 4 bucks.

Brian, ParadiseiNC and didit like this.