Tigers need Houston

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

Does anyone really believe that Oklahoma needs the money from an extra home game less than LSU does? The Okies are looking at the big picture. They have agreed to a home and home with the U. of Houston for 1 reason only. It's for the opportunity to showcase their program in one of the top 5 recruiting Meccas in the country. LSU could be a major player in Houston recruiting instead of just cherry picking a top player once in a while. A game in Reliant Stadium about once every 5 years is all it would take. We could probably put about 25 to 30 thousand Tiger fans in Reliant for a game and can you imagine the impression we could make on upcoming young stars there. The Cougars are a program on the rise but I know for a fact that they would be very receptive to a 2 for 1 arrangement (2 games in B.R. for 1 game in Houston). The money we would lose for the lost home game would be an investment that could pay very big dividends.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i don't think OU has any problem recruiting anyone out of texas as they have raided that state since Stoops has been there. As far as Houston itself, I am not sure.

3. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

gotta love that rack.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

shooting pool?

5. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

sticks and balls.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Neither LSU nor Oklahoma needs to play a game in Houston to successfully recruit that area. Playing Houston as a recruiting tool is a total crock. Texas and Texas A&M are always going to get the lions share of Texas recruits but many many other schools compete for those looking out of state. Oklahoma gets its share and with LSU getting recognized as a legitimate contender now and in the near future we should have even greater success recruiting Texas. The greatest recruiting tool we have to recruit the state of Texas is Nick Saban and he doesn't think we need a game in Houston. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Actually Saban was pissed we lost the Houston game but he may have been mad because we had to replace them with Arkie St but it could have been due to losing a game against a SE Texas school also.

Hey Ken Ross, if you want a pair just like em you can call any plastic surgeon, I prefer the real ones myself, those are hideous.

8. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

ZeroU has been getting players from Texass for years. In fact, many of it's biggest stars have been from Texass and often there are more Texass players on its roster than Okiehomers!

:helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs: :helmet: :lsug: :geaux: :champs:

9. friday

friday Founding Member

Aren't Jason "no I'm not hurt" White and Tommie Harris from TX?

10. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

cajdav, you're smokin crack. Tirk has a beautiful rack, i mean avatar.