Tigers returning next year.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Jan 4, 2021.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

how does any of that address concerns with his footwork?

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Do something I bet you don't do go replay some of our games and watch a partucular player in this case Deculus. Just watched the first half of the Ole Miss game. Deculus not only did his job he excelled. One of the reasons Boutte had a record game is MJ had time to pass and Deculus kept his man off MJ. Deculus looks great so far. Footwork? There is nothing wrong with his footwork. Watch his pass blocking

Go watch the first half just Deculus if you dare than get back to me with some educated opinion.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

The things that wouldn't go away are you and Castavez when comes to judging Deculus. Finishing up watching just him against Ole Miss and he is crushing it. Keeping his man off MJ all first half. Watching Fla next.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

He was right to come back, not ready for the league yet. And you know the saying, "experience is the best teacher." I remember a lot of us wondered why Duke Riley was ever given a scholarship, until he lit it up his senior year. Ya' never know what the future may bring.

Hou-duco and Winston1 like this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Look at my post to kcal. I seriously am taking a look at Deculus by replaying the games I recorded. I have watched the Ole Miss game and I for the life of me don't understand why some here have singled him out. The first half he didn't let anyone come near MJ. Second half pretty much the same thing. I am very happy he is coming back and very happy Cregg was retained by O. Will be replacing the Fla game next to watch Deculus

6. mctiger

Keep in mind, a mobile QB always makes his line look better. And I'll grant, by the same token, an immobile QB (TJ) can make a line look worse.

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Go replay the Ole Miss game. MJ was not scrambling for his life at all. He had good pockets most of the night. Boutte had a massive game because of that. Deculus is a good right tackle and we are fortunate to have him.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

True but Ole Miss isn’t really known for their defense. How did Deculus handle great pass rushers? I’m not going to rewatch all the games, so I’ll wait for you to report back. I’m not being a smart ass either, I’m actually interested.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Be my guest and hope you are serious. Yes Ole Miss is not Bama but who is. Thing is Ole Miss is in the SEC and has some talent. Deculus did his job all night. Keep in mind the SEC is loaded with athletic DE's so tackles no matter who are going to to get beat now and then even Bama's.

You guys need to get off his back. Watch Ole Miss first and let me know what you think.

10. mctiger

Now see, just like with the defense, you're stuck on that one game as the benchmark. What about the other nine? If one game was all that mattered, Max would never have seen the field, because Finley lit up SC in his first game.