Tigers returning next year.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Winston1, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

OK MC tell me please give me the reason no one has beaten Deculus out? One game my ass going to be replaying all the games I have. The Ole Miss game is first and Deculus looked great. Have you watched the Ole Miss game and watched Deculus like I did? Have you watched any game focusing on Deculus? I did. If you are looking for perfection from an offensive tackle in the athletic talent laden SEC you will always be disappointed. We all know the athletes in the south are special and the DE position in the SEC is filled with big fast mobile athletes. You think Ole Miss doesn't have athletes on defense? If Deculus sucks as much as you and others think he would suck in every game. Why did he shine in the Ole Miss game.

Watch the Ole Miss game then your argument will mean something. Just started watching the Fla game stay tuned.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Just watched the second possession the 75 yd drive against Fla. On that drive Deculus did everything right and was actually given kudos by the play by play guys. First drive we started on our own 1 yd line and Deculus did his job there too. Continuing to watch but have a feeling will be the same story. So far you and everyone else is wrong about Deculus in fact really wrong.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Update: Deculus gave up a sack. However he gave it up to Brenton Cox the best Fla defensive player and a DE. He could starting for Bama which goes back to my point you simple are not going to find a perfect OT anywhere in the SEC. They will all get beat from time to time. This is the first sack he has given up in 1 game and a half so far.

Who is Brenton Cox? Just a 5 Star 6' 5" 245 WDE.
    https://247sports.com/player/brenton-cox-92547/

Bio of Deculus's junior year at LSU
    JUNIOR SEASON (2019)
    Most improved of LSU’s offensive lineman in 2019 … Played and started in 13 games, all at right tackle … Had streak of 22 straight starts snapped against Ole Miss … Missed Ole Miss an Arkansas games with injury and returned to action against Texas A&M … The right tackle on the line that was named the Joe Moore Award winner as the top unit in the nation ... Helped pave the way for 1,000-yard rusher Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Heisman Trophy Award winner Joe Burrow ... Played 885 snaps ... Played all 81 offensive snaps in LSU’s win over Clemson in the national title game … Graded out at 89% in LSU’s 63-28 win over Oklahoma as the Tigers racked up 692 yards of total offense and allowed just one sack … Helped the Tigers put up 37 points and 450-plus yards of total offense against Georgia in the SEC Championship Game … Key member of offensive line that helped the Tigers to 500-plus yards of total offense against Texas A&M ... Graded out at 88 percent and totaled three knockdowns against Auburn ... Put together the best game of his career and graded out as the top tiger lineman at 96 percent with a pair of finishes at Mississippi State ... A part of the line that did not allow a sack and led the offense to 511 yards of total offense in win over Florida … Helped LSU to the win over Texas with three knockdowns.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

@Kikicaca Damn, you sure are totally invested in winning this debate! I have more important things to do than study a season worth of film on one player. If you have that kind of time, knock yourself out. I have an opinion, some agree with it, you don't I don't know, maybe I should take it as a compliment that you find my voice so influential that you just have to take me down a peg. Deculus is not and will not be my "whipping boy" in '21; I don't think we're going to want or need one as it is. He's an LSU football player I haven't been impressed with, and hope he will improve. Other than that, I'm done with this discussion.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. kcal

kcal Founding Member

deculus should be, but won't be moved. i don't think he has the quickness and necessary agility... he's slow laterally and gets beaten by more athletic players. he has the strength necessary, but doesn't play low enough to leverage better players.... i hope he spends his time preparing to take the next step by working on his agility and footwork. He'll be a key player in rebounding from 2020....

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

That's a terrible attitude. You should drop everything. even if it means quitting your job so you can repeatedly watch every play in Deculus's career just to win am argument with somebody else with nothing better to do.

Kiki needs s break. Maybe some kids will walk across his lawn and he can yell at them

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    LSU_4_LIFE and mctiger like this.
  7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Hey buddy not trying to "knock you down a peg" that's not my goal. I do have the time to watch and have watched. Just trying tell you the assault Deculus is getting here is really really unwarranted just as the early in the year attacks on CEH last year. Not rolling you into that BTW.

mctiger likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Sorry I am not part of the Deculus Sucks mob without any justification which happens often here. I do have the time to watch and don't know if you are aware but recording devices have fast forward options so watching one player doesn't take a lot of time.

If you have a recording unit check it to see if there is a fast forward option. If you need instructions on how to use it give me a shout.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Fair enough. You've asked me several times why, if AD is not that good, hasn't he been replaced, and I've repeated that as a result of poor recruiting, there's no one better. Don't blow this analogy out of proportion, but the least rotten apple in a barrel of rotten apples is still rotten. Coming into this spring, you'll now have Wire with some starting experience and Dumersvil with a year in the program. Deculus' 3 years as a starter will be hard to beat out, but hopefully there will be some competition in the spring and summer. Competition has a way of improving everyone involved.

Winston1 and 65Grad like this.
  10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member