Tigers Still in Top 10

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If it's any consolation we are ranked 9th in the AP and 10th in the coaches poll. The Ohio State is rank one spot ahead of us in both polls. Did anybody watch them struggle vs Nebraska? Our D would have beaten them. Georgia is 5th. We already kicked the shit out of them. Of teams ranked above us we are better than West Virginia and probably as good as Oklahoma. Notre Dame? Meh.

To put it in perspective we are as good as the 3rd best team on any given Saturday. Alabama is just that good.
    We should be able to finish 10-2 barring a letdown vs the faggies. New Years Day 6 bowl and we could be 11-2.

How many of us would have taken 10-2 at the beginning and the season? I know I would have.

2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Glad to see we're still in the top 10.

six pack dan likes this.
  3. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I’ll still gladly take 11-2 for one reason. 11-2 means we are back. The glory years of miles and Saban weren’t filled with national championship after national championship. They were filled with 2 loss seasons and competing for the national championship into November. We do that this year and we are back.

4. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

hand.jpg

Herb, six pack dan, ROY_LA_CA and 4 others like this.
  5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Means nothing with a Bama loss.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Just a couple thoughts and outside perspective. Ohio State is vulnerable. Not sure they deserve that spot. At the same time, one of your earlier solid wins against Auburn, well, Auburn struggled with the Aggies yesterday and they have losses to TN and Moo U. Add in that the early win over Miami is looking less impressive as Miami is sitting on 3 straight losses. And now the loss to Florida plays because the gayturds are looking kinda bad and got spanked by Mizzou yesterday. Those things play in the poll IMO. As for the win over Georgia....very solid. Georgia, like LSU last night, did not play anywhere near their best game. They came in to TS banged up, particularly on the O-line. Once they got behind, they had no choice but to give up the run and without protection, some unexpected D-formations from LSU, Fromm had a bad night. Quick boost up the polls so today's spot is now reflective of the body of work.

I definitely think LSU could beat WVa and Choklahoma. The Irish are looking as deep as they have in years. It would be very surprising if they have a let down or don't make the cut. Maybe this will be the year they get enough pressure to join a conference but I won't hold my breath.

Having a bye week before this game was poison IMO. Ed's best motivational asset is emotion. Trying to go from a mostly flat win over Moo U and having to wait 2 weeks to play Bama was gonna be tough no matter what. Sometimes you get so wrapped up in the hype that the performance doesn't match. It felt like LSU was holding their breath the whole night.

It's looking more and more like a Bama/Clemson Natty repeat.

Herb, CalcoTiger, ROY_LA_CA and 4 others like this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

We aren't alone. I expect Bama to run the table and see Saban hoist another crystal football.

ThePhenom74 likes this.
  8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Very astute, IMO

Herb and GiantDuckFan like this.
  9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

You and Duckman are very much appreciated around here. Thanks for your input. Almost make me pull for SC...almost.

10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Really?

Winston1 likes this.