Tigers still nations #1 Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Nov 10, 2002.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Todays NCAA stats:

Total Defense = LSU #1 -- Bama #3
    Pass Defense = LSU #3 -- Bama #14
    Rush Defense = LSU #23 -- Bama #5

Total Offense = LSU #82 -- Bama #23
    Pass Offense = LSU #103 -- Bama #23
    Rush Offense = LSU #21 -- Bama #24

Kick Returns = LSU #1 -- Bama #95
    Punt Returns = LSU #4 -- Bama #82

If you go by stats, Defense is evenly matched, Bama has the best offense, and LSU has the best return game.

2. bayoutider

bayoutider Founding Member

That return game does worry me. Alabama's special teams this season has been ...................uh.......special at times.

We seem to fall apart against punt returns giving up good field position. This could be a major advantage for LSU.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I think games like this can be won on special teams when teams are so evenly matched. If someone can take back a punt for a TD or come up with a big INT that can change the game. Whoever can execute the best will come out on top.

4. Tigre

Tigre Founding Member

I'm more excited about this game than any other

this season. It should be great football, great weather, and hopefulyl a great time capped off with an LSU win. This is SEC football at it's best. Two mean, tough teams locking horns with much to play for.

5. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

The stats are great on paper. If we don't keep them out of the endzone it does not matter. DB's have to start looking back for the ball. At least two TD's could have been intercepted or at least knocked down. We should not have been in a position to need such a miracle play. LSU was well due such a play.

6. bayoutider

Alabama is doing well in the Red Zone lately. Something like 13 out of the last 14 trips to the Zone. Alabama also has been scoring outside the Zone with TD passes of 30 yards or more. The defenses on both sides will be tested early.

Man, I just hope we can get past this jinx of never beating Saban and not beating LSU this entire century. :rolleyes:

7. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

bayoutider: Notice you are in Lake Charles. I transferred from Sulphur in 1993. I currently live in Fort Dodge, IA. I was the plant manager of a process gas facility at the foot of the I-10 bridge at exit-27 in the Westlake area. Been back a few times for visits, sure has changed with the gambling boats and all. I loved it there. The people in Louisiana are the best folks I've ever lived around.

8. bayoutider

Cool Chuck, I have been in and out of most of the plants in the area. I am now retired and have been sharing time between LAke Charles and Chicago with a new wife. She's a damned yankee and a Notre Damn fan but I'm trying to reform her.