Tigers take 2 out of 3 from UCF

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Feb 15, 2004.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

not a bad way to start the season...our guys showed what we are capable of offensively against a good UCF team

I'll 2 outta 3 on the road anyday against a quality team like UCF

geaux tigers

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What was the score today?

3. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

we lost 6-5 in 10 innings

we had a chance at a double play but Harris made a throwing error to end the game and the runner on 3rd scored

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I really feel like we should have won today. We made a couple of mistakes, but we just were having trouble getting contact with the ball. Way too many Ks today. Oh well, let's beat up on UL-Monroe Tuesday.

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Clay harris blew the game on two separate occasions. Zeringue and Patterson were horrible today. I think Smoke was coaching not to lose the game, by leaving Bumstead in there, so i guess he was hoping the offense would pull us out. The UCF celebrates like they won the f'in world series, screw them.

6. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I think the most important thing is that they scored a lot of runs and got a good outing from Mestepey.

Overall, a very good weekend for the Tigers.

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Looking at the replay even with a good throw he doesn't get the double play, should have thrown the runner out at the plate IMO. Hindsight is 20/20.
    WOW!!!! Zeringue 0 for 5 with 5 strikeouts!!!!! Needs to hit the batting cages and practice hitting the curveball. Our hitting should improve as we see more at bats but 5 strikeouts is really really bad. Our pitching today was also not great but there is plenty time for a pitcher or two to step up.
    I would have to say it was a team loss today although Harris did not have one of his best outings. UCF is a pretty good team and we had a chance to get the sweep at their place to start the season, not bad but we should have closed the deal today. Should be a great season:geaux: :lsug:

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I not trying to get bent out of shape on the first weekend, but i hate playing to not lose the game, instead of putting it away and dominating. We let them win the game and that is a horrible monkey to have on your back when games really count.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The team didn't play nearly as well as they are capable of playing. The piching wasn't there the hitting wasn't there and a few questionable plays in the field hurt but I really didn't see where we played "not to lose" we just didn't get the job done against a pretty good team.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually he had 4 strikeouts. He took the guy to the warning track on his last AB. As far as the game? That's just baseball guys. You can win a game 12-0 and lose the next 12-0.