Tigers take lead in bottom of 8th

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 5, 2006.

1. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Great comeback win for the Tigers!!!

Hey OVD, shut the hell up and go play with your barbie doll.

2. clair

clair Rockets

Was a very entertaining game...

We outplayed them badly, and it shouldn't have come down to the 8th inning rally, but a win is a win, and I am getting excited about this team...

Damn that Bogany is fast as hell in center... he covered some major ground on that shot in the 9th

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I'm excited to see bogany play some tuesday night against tulane....

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Will Dardar be the usual mid-week starter?

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Coleman.

6. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

How do you figure? They were out hitting us badly until we started pouring in those two out singles in the 8th. Shaffer was getting shelled in the 6th when the game was tied.

Smoke is going to have a decision to make once Bogany gets back. Wise may have to go to the bench unless he can hold down 3rd so Harris can come off the bench. But then again I'm not sure if Smoke is the type of coach who is going to bench a senior in favor of a freshman. Stewart had quite the series after going 0-4 on Friday.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I would imagine that if the Freshman is better, the Senior will sit.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ya gotta sit Harris I hate to say. Maybe not yet but at this rate it will happen. Give him his at-bats but make him earn it. certainly wise has to be in there for his bat as he's certainly start to show his potential.

As Clair said, that ball bogany caught kept carrying and carrying. Its possible sprowl wouldnt have got it so props to smoke for the defensive substitution. Im glad they won because that one win changes every casual fan's view that this team hadn't played anyone til now so they lost to something positive. Fans are so fickle and it drives me nuts.

quinn looked awesome and he is key to this team as i assumed in the middle of the order. teams were throwing him nothing but breaking balls since that's been his weakness but apparently he's made some adjustments and is making contact then hammering the fastballs once they have to throw it.

I predicted before the season Olvey may take over the friday job from dirks for exactly the reasons of friday. Dirks has excellent stuff but presses in big games. He may be more comfy as the #2 guy ya know like a mike mussina. Quality pitcher but just needs to settle down.

Hollander was my favorite new player last year and he's been spectacular both offensively and defensively. He has 1 error all year so I guess ill jinx him. Pretty amazing considering the position.

Wags, what more can be said about this guy. Clutch and consistent.

Sprowl has a high OBP%, well over .400 so thats all you can ask from a leadoff even if it seems ugly.

well to play the "short game" you have to be exceptional defensively for it to work and after taking a peek at LSUSPORTS site we have only 10 errors all year and 4 were from ogata with some nerves early on in the season. .980 fielding %. Has to be the best ever this many games into the season. You can argue about the competition but you still have to field the ball which we seem to be excelling. Ogata made some great plays this weekend and looks to have turned the corner.

ok i better stop before i write a book. good showing by the tigers.

9. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

Great post Tirk!:thumb: I really enjoy your in-site on the team. I have not been able to make a game but i will be watching them on TV Tuesday night and i hope Bogany plays so i can see him. He sounds like he will be great player at LSU if we can keep him in school along with all of the other young talent we have.

GEAUX TIGER! kick Tulane's A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Go ahead and write the book! It would make things easier for me to catch up. The way my spring is going, I only catch bits and pieces of the games, and haven't had time to listen as closely as I would like to really learn what the hell is going on with the tem. I really hope that things start slowing down and calming down around here so I can take the time to concentrate on the important thing in life. Baseball!