Tiger's Vertical Attack?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Lump

Lump Founding Member

TigerEducated, please change your name to ITI Educated, or JagEducated, because you are giving my alma mater a bad name. Do you even believe the bile that spews from your keyboard? First, you take my analysis of Marcus Randall's arm strength as a personal attack on you, and somehow find "delusional inferences" in a rather straightforward post. As a recap, all i did was say that the bluegrass miracle shows that Randalls arm strength is not great, but average, as it was only about a 55 yard throw, and that was with a "hail mary" type throw. Notice that the discussion was on arm strength, not on his complete value as a QB or a person.

Now you try to argue that Randall is a better QB than Mauck? And you have the audacity to call me delusional? You claim that I somehow have it in for Randall, as I have the nerve to question his arm strength. However, it is now clear that you are the one carrying Marcuss Randall's chip on his shoulder.

What a shock that you don't trust statistics. Let me tell you something also, ITI. The people who don't trust statistics are the people too stupid to understand them...it takes a certain amount of brain cells to understand the data in the proper context. Those who lack the proper amount of brain cells will throw their hands up in the air and say "i give up...i don't trust 'dem numbers!" Instead, why don't you keep picking out little nuggests of flawed information here and there to support your conclusion, and ignore the rest of the data (those pesky statistics) that counters your weak arguments. If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest redneck in your trailer park in Denham.

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Their is a way to disagree with folks without trying to belittle them in the way he does.
    TE, chill out dude, sounds like you are about to have a coronary. What are you having roid rage or something? Everyone you are responding to is here because they are all LSU fans, you seem to forget that. So what if somebody favors another player over another. I never seen one poster come out and call MR a bum. Is it that bad? :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

3. medtiger

medtiger Founding Member

thank you Lump and dheadtiger, too many people take disagreement as a personal attack. Tigereducated, statistics generally tell the true story. Finally, I think that Randall has a very good chance of putting himself in a position to be succesful and I hope for his sake that he has an outstanding year because he seems to be a team player.

4. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

after many years and a few message boards....

I am sure Lumps words of wisdom will inspire change in TE...err...ITI :hihi:

:lsug:
    :champs:

:tigerhead

5. jplaf

jplaf Founding Member

Hey Guys I think all TE is saying is lets give MR a chance from the begining of the season just as MM got. Do you really think the best guy for job woulnn't be in the game? If you think that what soes that say about your opinion of NS. Lets go get some tigers repeat in 2004.

6. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Mauck was a pretty good quarterback, but he was by no means a great quarterback. I believe the difference last year between LSU being a good offensive team and a great offensive team was Mauck. I mean we were loaded with probably the two best starting wide outs on any team, excellent tight ends, much better running backs than anyone expected before the season, and one of the best offensive lines in LSU history. Can anyone imagine how much more productive our offense would have been if we would have had someone like Phillip Rivers as our quarterback last year instead of Mauck? With our defense, we literally would have killed everyone.

7. BMoney

BMoney Founding Member

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. A lot of people are relating LSU's record with Matt Mauck at starting QB to Matt Mauck's quarterbacking ability. Matt Mauck was an average QB that possessed great leadership skills, intelligence, and the ability to make the correct reads before the ball was snapped. The talent that surrounded him helped to make him look like a very good QB. Conversely, when the offense struggled and didn't perform, he was made to look like a worse QB than he was. The old saying rings true: A QB gets more credit than he deserves when the team wins, and more blame than he deserves when the team loses. How many times did Mauck throw the ball over the receiver's head out in the flat? Or fail to throw the ball away when flushed out of the pocket and take a 4 yard loss? Matt Mauck didn't lead LSU to a national championship. That was accomplished by a whole lot of people. He just happened to be the starting QB on our national championship team. He was a good fit for what we needed, but he was no all-American.

Marcus Randall was thrown into the fire in 2002, and performed about as well as he could have given the circumstances. He didn't have the first half of the season to prepare by playing against cupcakes. He didn't get the majority of the reps with the first team in fall practice. Hell, he was coming off an ACL injury in the spring game. It's remarkable that he was even able to play at all in 2002, much less start the second half of the season. You can't judge his performance in mop up duty last year, because more often than not, he was playing with 2nd and 3rd teamers with a watered down game plan. That's not comparing apples to apples.

Give the man a chance. He's earned it. If one of the freshman proves that he deserves to start over Randall, then we should all be thrilled that the coaching staff believes that a freshman gives us a better chance to succeed than a seasoned fifth year senior. Whoever the starting QB ends up being, the weight of the world won't be on his shoulders. He'll have lots of talent surrounding him, as well as a top notch defense. He won't be called upon to win games by himself. And that's a good thing, no matter if your name is Joe Montana or Marcus Randall.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Very good post Bmoney.

9. msully

msully Founding Member

I hope he is a winning qb I care less about how far he can throw the ball . He has to lead the team to victory after victory GEAUX TIGERS !!!

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Damn Sully, can't you make that sig a little less wide?