Tigers vs Green Wave

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Mar 7, 2006.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol blister. nice try sockboy just come clean and admit it.

anyhow, with gomes on the mound, its gonna be a low scoring one at least for awhile. my brain tells me its a low scoring contest but my gut tells me its gonna get entertaining late. gotta get it done before Latham their stopper comes in however. im guessing 6-4 tulane.

anxious to see how coleman handles the pressure. this will be one where they will have the biggest crowd most of these newbies have ever played in front of. this is where you can tell who can handle it from the get-go.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Both teams have a lot of newbies. Going into the Box is going to be a rude awakening for several of the Tulane youngsters. That could get interesting.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes but one thing all sockboys teams have in common is a swaggar. they're arrogant pricks very similar to tubby ball but they come to play. And dont be shocked when nathan southard robs us of 3 or 4 hits again. that bastard from rummell is a killer.

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

The bottom line is hitting their #1 starter. LSU can't do it under Smoke... and they are going to start a midweek pitcher. 7-1 Tulane.

5. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

****, LSU's gonna lose? Damn, I better not head out to the game then... Naw, I like this matchup. Of course I always feel optimistic about LSU baseball. Tulane always lucks up against us though... I wish Smoke could get LSU to be as excited about playing Tulane as Jones gets his team to play us. Well see... talk to y'all after the game..

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

It's ok....most of us have wished down right hateful sh*t on Tulane since we were old enough to talk....No need to hold back now...

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Smoke's going to have to call a pretty aggressive game offensively (hit-n-runs, etc.) and manufacture runs if Gomes is "on" tonight. ...and Smoke doesn't exactly have a track record for being able to do that in year's past.

Guess all we can do is hope that sitting back and relying on the longball all those years hasn't made him forget how to manufacture runs the old fashion way.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A little too much Greenie knowlege there Scotty Boy.:hihi:

Wasn't he on the Addams Family?

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

While we did "rely" on a couple of homers, we DID do a great job of manufacturing some runs... I don't think anyone said we'd be STRICTLY "small-ball." I mean, we do have some power, as evidenced tonight. I like the balance, I really do. It gives so many options... :thumb:

Not calling ya out on anything BB, because initially I figured we'd be giving up the longball... but it was stupid to have thought that... :grin:

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Never have I been more happy to be incorrect. :grin: