TIGERS vs. Plainsmen B-Ball

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PURPLE TIGER, Mar 5, 2011.

1. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I feel like Trent could be emphasizing the process right now, doing things the right way. This is not the case. Watch a Duke game and tell me if you see the kind of shot selection that LSU has shown this year.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

This is what concerns me for the future. We have little talent but will get much more next year. Will it matter though? I didn't see any learning in this game.

Thankfully there's only one more game until we can closeout one of the worst seasons in LSU sports history.

3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

That was like watching your grandmother gettin' beat to death....slowly. Absolutely aweful!

4. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

In basketball the greatest growth takes place from freshman to sophomore. I'm not just saying that to justify keeping the coach, it's a proven statistic regardless of what coach or team a player is on. It doesn't justify losing to Auburn, nor does it excuse the poor play that the team had.

The future will be better. I'm saying that as a basketball fan that has watched college bball since I was little. Normally you have freshman that make little contributions. This team is depending on them. It's a recipe for disaster in whatever conference you play in. Inexperienced teams always struggle. There's very little raw talent on this team, which is what separates UConn or UNC from LSU. Their down years are NIT seasons. Our down years are 200 RPI years. Yes, those 2 are examples as they were both NIT teams last year that significantly improved over a year's time.

5. Perple

Perple Founding Member

TJ in not the answer. His players are not well coached, and lack very basic fundamentals. He has no Offense or Defense.

6. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Last again....

So disappointing.

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Somebody said the same thing about our football coach. I beg to differ. I think he turns it around with a little more experience on board next season.

8. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

:dis:I'm not a baketball fan, but I've seen better coached Junior High School teams. I was flipping back and forth between UNC and Duke and our game. The level of play between the two was like night and day.

9. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The level of talent and experience is night and day. Come back with a comparison next season.

10. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

I am trying to remain optimistic about next year but it is'nt easy. Two straight years of finishing last in the SEC. Has that ever happened before in the history of LSU basketball?