Tigers Win! Tigers Win!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Dec 30, 2002.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: P.S........

I think it would be a good idea. He is to LSU hoops what Skip is to Baseball.

2. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Isn't the "Leche rule" still in effect that forbids the naming of a state building, including one on the LSU campus, for someone who is still alive (unless that person donated millions of dollars to the university -- see Lod Cook)? Wasn't the football practice field renamed in honor of Coach Mac AFTER he passed away? I am positive that the PMAC was called the Assembly Center until Maravich's death. This is also the reason why the university named a street, not a building, in honor of Skip Bertman.

3. SabanFan

I thought that was Johnny Jones. Anyway, I refer to the fact that, with both Dale and Skip, their respective sports were virtual nonentities before their involvement. I agree that Dale stayed on too long while Bertman left on top.

4. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Re: P.S........

Oh, lord pleeeze Noooooooo.......

5. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I realize what he did to the program his last few years was pretty bad, but come on.....LSU Basketball IS what is because of Brown, IMO. Before him it was Maravich and Petit, and nothing else. Nearly 50 years of history and only 2 players of note. What Brown did from the late '70s through the early '90s was an incredible job of building a program from nothing. Should he have won titles in '81, '86, and possibly '87? Maybe so, maybe another coach might have, but Brown does deserve a lot of credit for the place LSU has in the NCAA basketball world. Those who don't think so have a short memory, I believe.

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

"Dale's Chrome Dome" or "How to Cheat, Blame it on the Assistant and Come Out Unscathed Arena" would be fitting names. The 2nd one takes too long to say so it probably wouldn't work. One other, "I Could Do Nothing With Shaq or Chris Pavillion", that's pretty long too though.

7. SabanFan

They could call it the Eddie Palubinskas Arena because that's the type of players we had before Dale Brown.

8. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I think we should continue to honor Pete Maravich.