Tim Floyd getting cold feet

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Jan 13, 2005.

1. friday

friday Founding Member

According to the LA Daily News, it seems as though our friend tim floyd is not ready to make the move out west in anticipation that his friend john brady will be canned and he will become the top candidate at LSU. however, reading this article I don't blame him as USC has a dearth of talent which doesn't bode well for USC's future in the tough Pac 10. interesting. here's the link:

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~28541~2650237,00.html

2. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

when someone mentioned Tim Floyd last week I said that it was the dumbest post i'd read in a long time. Over the past week I realized I was wrong - Tim Floyd would be an excellent choice as the Tigers' new bb coach. College and Pro are 2 different monsters, no matter the sport (see: Nick Saban). Floyd's experience and success in the college ranks has made me see the light!

Screw USC and choose LSU!!

3. philter

philter Founding Member

USC bball must be a sh|thole...that's two coaches in a row that agreed 'in principle' and ended up 2nd guessing themselves.

4. friday

friday Founding Member

four returning scholarship players and none in the front court. Unless they recruit some serious talent, they have no chance competing against AZ, Stanford, Wash, Oregon etc... floyd probably looked at LSU and saw the talent he could work with (davis, tasmin and the rest of the returning starters). I don't blame him after his terrible bulls/hornets stints.

I really like tim floyd and know he would be a great fit especially with the shot in the arm this program needs. 4,800 in attendance last night. how pitiful. are the students back on campus? if so, that's disgraceful.

5. friday

friday Founding Member

philter btw

as far as majerus, could be the best decision he's ever made considering his heart problems. this job may have written his ticket to the cemetary!

6. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Didn't Floyd take the Hornets to the playoffs? The same Hornetst that are so terrible right now? Name one player that he coached when he was at the Bulls? He took over them after everyone left or retired. He would be an excellent choice to take over the BBall program if we need a coach.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yea, and Floyd is going to get the short end of the stick in regards to his tenure w/ the Bulls. They're playing decent ball now, but that tends to happen when young players grow up and you draft well Hinrich, Deng, and Gordon.)

Solid coach, MORE than welcome at LSU for me.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Maybe they realized the whinny-baby attitude stemming from Pete Carroll is an indication of the athletic department, and Majerus and Floyd don't want any part of that? :thumb:

9. friday

friday Founding Member

I agree that floyd gets a bad rap based on his tenure as the bulls coach. I think there are only one or two players left in the NBA from his stint as coach. that, alone, will tell you something. whenever, you listen to wilbon or some national media talking head, they always bash floyd based on his record alone without looking at the facts. basically, floyd didn't stand a chance in chicago. as far as the hornets gig, I know some people close to the club who just didn't think he was cut out to be a pro coach.

gulf coast - there's no way you can compare last year's hornets with this years hornets. injuries have decimated this club. 14 different starting lineups. 3 all stars out, etc...

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Yea, Wilbon is one of the few talking heads I genuinely like and respect, and simply could not agree with him less on this one issue.