Tim Floyd

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerleg24, May 7, 2004.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

If anything, the strength & conditioning, medical staff, trainers, etc, should be the ones on the hot seat at New Orleans. Not only are players getting hurt regularly but some of them (Mashburn) go elsewhere for treatment (spent most of season in Florida) rather than work with the Hornets medical staff.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

He went to florida because he doesnt like TF or Baron Davis. He and Davis didnt like each other on the court thats why neither played much together. Davis always had injury problems mainly his back. Mash vowed never to play for TF again.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This was the most recent article with comments from Mashburn and the Hornets about his situation. Obviously it's been handled poorly by both sides but in Mashburn's case he's consistently sited poor medical treatment as his reasons for going to Florida.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1786313

In an interview published Tuesday in The Miami Herald, Mashburn complained about his medical treatment.

"This organization and the way things were done, I've been misdiagnosed a couple of times, and it has gotten to the point where I have to take care of myself," he said. "It kind of shows you what pro sports is all about. Sometimes it's not the athlete's best interest that's in mind. They just want you out there on the court."

4. friday

friday Founding Member

this is a 2nd rate organization from top to bottom. the owners are a two-headed version of tom benson. they went cheap and now with the buyout of floyd they could have gotten an experienced, qulaity coach. bob bass is a solid talent evaluator but was just cruising into retirement.

as far as mash, he's one of the most selfish sob's around. his defense is why the hornets had a losing record when he played. just think of terrell owens in shorts. the guy just looks to pad his stats and collect a hefty check. bass shouldn't of given in to his wishes to rehab in miami. you're telling me it takes 5 1/2 mos to recover from arthoscopic surgery? the guy was a cancer to the team and must be traded. the problem is, now with the hornet's dirty laundry being aired, they've lost a lot of bargaining leverage. but, one thing is for sure, teasm are always looking for guys that can shoot and create their own shot.

I'm sure they'll go cheap and hope to get lucky with the new coach, maybe avery johnson. time will tell, but it's all uphill now. the west becons.

new division - houston, dallas, memphis, S.A...this team will be lucky to win 35 games.

brady gets canned after next year and floyd becomes the new tiger coach. now, that would make me smile. sorry sabanfan.

5. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

That is an excellent question. Care to answer it for me?

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

You guys are off your rocker! The Hornets were ONE GAME AWAY from the Eastern Conference Finals three years ago! Silas was the coach at that time! You guys are totally ignorant! 0fer in the 1st round? LOL!

The Hornets fired Silas because he was making $600,000 per year, and was THE lowest paid coach in the NBA. They knew he was going to ask for more, and they wouldn't give it to him. So he left. He was so highly thought of, the fricking Cavs hired him to steer their new franchise player...Hmm...Sounds like a guy that people around the league must not trust, eh? I mean, the Hornets SURELY must know better than the rest of the NBA, right?

Floyd was an easy "patchwork" hire because he was local, he had name recognition, he had been the "patchwork" guy in Chicago, and he had a small amount of street cred. In reality, he was easy because they knew he'd accept a peanuts salary, too.

The Hornets are a third rate romance, low rent rendevousz organization, all the way around.

They had a wonderful fanbase, and their ownership was in love, likewise, but the accident that killed Bobby Phils and involved David Wesley, as well as a messy sexual harassment lawsuit with one of the owners (that was up to that point considered a big church going devout Christian) also led to ill will. Their attempt to get a new facility was met with disdain as well, mainly because they had an arena that was less than 10 years old at the time.

The Hornets are a joke, and so is anyone who goes to their games for any other reason than to see the opposing team...

7. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Man I actually agree with a TE post? Thats it I'm going to the doctor first thing monday. :D :D :D

8. TigerEducated

Could you please explain to me which posts of mine on this site have led you to believe that agreeing with me is a bad thing?

I mean, other than my dislike of Brady, what have I espoused here that makes you think that I'm diametrically opposite of most of those here?

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Every one except the one I just agreed with. :D :D :D :D :D

10. TigerEducated

I didn't think you had anything to disagree with me about...It's amazing what the Pro-Brady forces on this site did to me during basketball season. Not to be arrogant, but I thought I was a pretty well respected contributor here...Till hoops...But, then again, I knew that I was going to rankle some people going into that fateful campaign.