Tim Montgomery Fails to Qualify

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

So, the two best sprinters in their respective genders in the ENTIRE WORLD finish an average of 6th amongst their countrymen & countrywomen counterparts?

Give-as I always say-me a break.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

You think it has to do with the fact that they had to stop taking them performance enhancing drugs? hmmmmmm...............

4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

They simple did not have enough JUICE

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

it's not too painfully obvious is it? Did any of the suspected athletes make the Olympic team?

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I think 1 of the 4 still has a chance but thats it. The other 3 including Montgomery and Jones didnt even come close. It does make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

no, it makes you say, damn the stuff must have worked pretty good, look at what happens when they're off of it.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

As amusing as it is to joke about the results these two had..... :grin:

It would seem more likely that they are just no longer at their peak as they have aged. The window of opportunity for track speedsters is usually fairly small.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hell maurice greene is the reigning gold medalist and he will be 30 this month. Marion Jones and Tim Montgomery are 29.

while I don't think its age which was the difference since Greene is the old man and finished 1st nor do I necessarily think its the USOC probe which prevented them from taking their "juice." The reason being is every top athlete from high school, even before so in many cases are on supplements, herbal this, ephedrine, simulation growth hormones, etc etc. The list is endless. Everyone is looking for an edge so you can believe any world-class athlete has the BALCO type access to which "growth hormones" cannot be detected. The idea that Marion and Tim are the only 2 guilty of such is laughable since you can bet anyone competing on that level is on some sort of new age drug which goes undetected. Its all about staying ahead of the game and always has been. If you get caught, game over....unless you play baseball. The 5th time you get caught you get a year suspension and fine by "random" testing. But that's another topic for itself.

So maybe their alleged use was the difference but I'm not so sure after years of taking such, if true, would effect them as much as that. Of course Ben Johnson was on pure juice....I think he was on horse steroids. I've had friends of mine on that years ago and that's an ugly sight. Can you say fits of rage?