Tim Tebow is a horrible NFL prospect

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Dec 5, 2009.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

you will have 29 touchdowns in the bank in which to play with

trust me

2. islstl

Perfect example of what he could be.

We have no idea if he can catch the ball however.

3. islstl

It will be interesting to see if at the NFL combines he tries out for the QB position.

If he does, he will embarrass himself with some of those drills.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

maybe the saints can draft him as a 3rd and 4th and short back. they need someone for those situations.

5. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I don't care what position he plays in the future.. I'm just happy LSU doesn't have to play him anymore.. lol

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Tebow's arm is under rated. He didnt look good Saturday and made a really bad pass on that interception which may exaggerate ones perception of his passing ability.

However, remember last year's SECCG when he was throwing darts in tight coverage? He has a strong arm and he's coachable. He also has one quality the NFL loves, he's a winner.

He will get drafted somewhere and be given a chance. If he's properly tutored and brought along I think he can be a productive NFL player. Just look at some of the chumps who have started in the NFL the last couple years. You cant tell me Tebow doesnt have the potential to be as good or better then the likes of Shaun Hill or A. J. Feeley. Guys who came out of college with little fanfare or viewed as projects at best. Tebow could easily be a game manager type QB not expected to carry a team on his back. He's got football smarts and may have a role.

Im not going to write off Tim Tebow.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I heard someone talking about Jacksonville taking him, they are having trouble putting people in the stands, Garrard isn't exactly the next coming of Joe Montana, and having Tebow on that team in his home town may be a hot ticket for Jacksonville. Tebow will be a good quarterback in the NFL, he just needs to get that arm drop figured out, he drops the ball way below his waist in his throwing motion which causes alot of fumbles and it gives defenders time to make up space, and safeties time to adjust. Its all fixable, the kid is a winner, he has a great work ethic, and i will never count him out.

8. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I agree with most of this. The guy has one bad game and all of the sudden there's no chance of a career as QB? I agree, he probably will never be an all pro qb but I don't think he will be ignored as a QB. He can throw the ball.

Here's an interesting question. Who would you rather your team have right now in the pros. Jamarcus or Timmy? I take Timmy over Leaf Jr.

9. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Now you're getting a little carried away. There are not many QBs in college history who have ever come in and had a big impact starting with their freshman season. I mean, I think he had 55 TDs in his sophomore season and I know 30+ were passing.

97% of QBs out there couldn't do what he did because they wouldn't be able to take the pounding. He has a unique build and toughness for a QB. He has been a great college QB because of the many huge first downs and TDs he has gotten every game and the leadership he has shown. Also, he's a very accurate passer with a great TD to Int. ratio.

Jake Locker is a great QB and could definitely be a better pro QB, but he wouldn't be able to take that kind of pounding either.

Tebow ran for over 850 yards this year. That's impressive considering he couldn't read and was probably drinking carrot shakes for like over a week with that concussion.

By the way, did y'all know that Tebow was homeschooled??? I just found that out. He didn't even attend high school. He played with a high school through some kind of strange rule.

It seems a decent number of homeschooled people turn out to be nutty, so he's done well (not that we don't have many nutty SOBs in regular school...). But I think the homeschooling explains Tebow's unique personality. He wasn't around crazy SOBs in school like we all were and apparently has some stable parents so he has a more innocent outlook on things.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

of course. that is why he is such a lunatic.

so after some more thought, i have officially determined that the best possible career for tebow is to be chris cooley.

of course, he can try to play his college style of QB in the pros, but only if his preferred career outcome is retirement due to repeated laron landy blows to the cranium.

tebow is basically a slow matt jones without cocaine issues.