Tim Tebow is a horrible NFL prospect

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Dec 5, 2009.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

if he cant catch maybe he will end up being the biggest safety ever (i dont think there is any way he could transition to LB)

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i cant imagine he is anything close to fast enough to be a safety. although that could be my racism talking.

3. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Ha...yeah, he's a little out there, but definitely in a more positive way than a "I might walk into Wal-mart on Black Friday and start shooting" kind of way...cause that's usually the side that the other homeschooled folks lean to.

Tebow could be a fullback and one that could actually get you a yard when you need it. I wouldn't count him out of anything either because his drive is better than almost all of the rest. And that usually is a big factor when you're physically gifted as well.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

ok, i will add jacob hester to my list of players that tebow could hope to have a similar career.

regarding home schooled kids, they are a funny lot. if you ever watch the national spelling bee you will see lots of them. they are hilarious with their weird habits and poorly developed social skills. i suppose tebow is pretty well adjusted compared to those kids.

still, the eye black bible verses and the crying is a bit odd.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Keep in mind 20+ TD's were on the ground and many in short yardage runs. In any other offense, the running back or fullback gets the carries. Not impressed with that. The passing efficiency was very good though.

97% of QB's will never have to do what he has to do on a weekly basis. Yes he is great, but he on an ultra-talented offense as well with many many playmakers.

Locker had 986 yards rushing his first year at QB. Honestly, I don't think either QB can handle this type of pounding. They both got pretty big concussions and can't see them keeping it up.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i would like to add that i think percy harvin is going to be the next steve smith in the NFL and i think he wasa big factor in growing the tebow legend.

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Yes, but I guess it's better than putting "M Vick" under his eye like Pryor from Ohio State. To each his own I guess... Yeah, I understand he's emotional and everything, but the crying was a little strange. I can see a tear here or there, but he was almost in the full ugly-cry mode.

20+ rushing TDs from anyone is impressive. We can disagree there. Hell, Ingram only had like 15 this year and you know he got a ton of goal line carries. And 15 is still great...

For a QB to do that, it's awesome. Teams started to know it was coming and still couldn't stop him. Florida ran him in those situations because they felt that he gave them the best chance of scoring. And he did... Other teams don't do that with their QBs because they know their QBs ain't gonna sniff the end zone. Even most of the good running QBs...

Yes, he was on an ultra-talented offense, but he was a big reason that they were ultra-talented. Harvin was the biggest key and I've always thought that Harvin was one of the best I've ever seen at Florida or anywhere.

But even when Harvin was out for the SEC Championship last year against a great Bama D, Tebow had great numbers and won the game in the end (he passed for 3 TDs and ran for 50+ yards).

Locker is a great QB, but even he was redshirted and had been out with injuries. Tebow had the concussion (oddly enough on a passing play), but he hasn't missed any time. That's extremely tough to do. He's averaged over 4 yards per rush in his career even with all the sacks. That's tough to beat. So he obviously had a lot of runs that didn't come from the one or two-yard line as well that were successful.

I'm just glad LSU won't have to play him anymore.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

he'll do mission work and not enter the draft

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Bigot! I bet you think white men can't jump either.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Im going to go with this. Don't write this guy off.
    Smart guys with athleticism seem to do well in the NFL.