time for a little soul searching by brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kjunsausage, Mar 11, 2006.

1. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

I was more worried about him playing big baby 38 mins (or whatever it was) vs Vandy than i was about giving up vs UF. That Noah guy does annoy me, though. Killed us both times.

2. JerryOdom

JerryOdom Founding Member

Our guys look more exhausted than giving up to me. Missed Tyrus Thomas today just for the sake of having another set of legs out there. Florida is tough and deep, what're you going to do?

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

deep? bull. lsu played 7, uf 8.

uf is just as talented, actually moreso without tt. no one stepped up when it really mattered. gd cant handle a good frontcourt by himself.

i saw no exhausted. they did give up, but only with 2 min left, no big deal.

they played well today. very efficient offense. the first round team wont be able to handle the tigers. with tt, this will be one tough team. just gotta hope he doesnt screw up the rhythm of the team.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

UF may have played 8 guys, but man-for-man I think UF is the more talented bunch. Of course that is extremely subjective, but I just think that ALL of their guys are balanced and capable of scoring. I mean they don't have any Ben Voogds or Garrett Temples. I'm not picking on those guys, because this is still a VERY young team. Honestly, who thought we would have had as good of a season as we had this far? I'll be the first to admit that I thought it was highly unlikely without Bass and/or Neltner. Those are two guys who are SORELY missed. Not to mention Tack...

You also have to give credit to D Mitch because 21 pts and 6 assists is pretty damn good--even without a hurt ankle! I'm proud of this team. They played awesomely the entire game save the last few minutes, but by then UF was getting ALL of the boards and Brewer et al wanted to give a clinic. It's okay, LSU played pretty cocky at times this season...

The thing I want to see is how this team responds to the loss and how they use it to motivate themselves. I think they knew in the back of their minds that this game didn't mean too much and consequently, they gave up at the end. You COULD blame Brady for that (disclaimer, I'm not saying it was his fault...) because it seemed like that was his tone regarding the "importance" of the game... however, he did state the contrary and said that he would still like to see them compete... I just think that they knew it wasn't a big deal. And, really, it wasn't.

5. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

If we play someone who has a big man that is more physical than Big Baby we will lose. Josh Boone @ UConn and Noah @ Florida play better and more physical. We have to dodge a under the radar team who has this. Also dodge the 2-3 zone defenses.

6. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

if you are able to watch the last 5 minutes again. thats when they gave up. uf went up by 8 and they quit.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Hilton Armstrong is the name you were looking for at UConn. Boone is a puss.

8. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

No, I was talking about Boone. He is physical. I guess you never watched them play.