Time for Alleva to be fired?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by roynav, Dec 31, 2015.

1. roynav

roynav free your mind

Déjà vu. Miles want to keep Steele, Steele leaves because of Alleva. 2 years in a row the AD's meddling has cost LSU their DC. It wasn't just about dollars either time, but meddling by the AD and the sense the assistant coaches have that Alleva wants Miles gone. This probably cost LSU their first choice at DC to replace Chávez last year.

Factor in the Miles/Fisher debacle. Fortunately despite Alleva's and the boosters best effort to screw things up, the recruiting class seems to have held up fairly well. But as long as Alleva remains, it is going to negatively affect LSU's recruiting, both of players and top assistant coaches. Time to part ways with Alleva, he's really screwed over the football team over the last year. The new AD can always hire a new coach, if it ever comes to that. But from the bowl game, it looks like Les got the message about the offense. When it was 21-20 and Harris hit his rocky patch with poorly thrown balls, LSU stuck to their game plan and kept throwing the ball. They didn't fold and ditch the passing game for the run. That's a good sign and the passing game rocked the last 1.5 quarters. Good confidence builder for the Qb and WRs--the whole team and recruits too heading into next season.

Not a knee jerk reaction here, but Alleva is an anchor weighing down the program. Not good. Either Les or Alleva had to go, and the Les ship has already sailed.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

If this is true it's probably the best thing Alleva has done because Steele needed to go. Horrible hire in the first place.

lsufan52, Rouxleaux and furduknfish like this.
  3. roynav

roynav free your mind

If it was a horrible hire, that was on Alleva. One can speculate Les's top choices didn't want to come because they knew about the bad blood between Les and Alleva.

Besides, it may not have been as bad a hire as many of the fans though. Saban thinks highly of Steele, that says something. Auburn wanted Steele, that says something.

4. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Speculate is the key word

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Is losing Chief or Steele really so bad? All this against Miles' wishes? And Alleva is the one who needs to go?

6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Alleva should have been fired immediately after the way he mishandled the whole Miles fiasco. Because he mishandled the situation by not having a backup plan or somehow trying to put out the flames Miles became a sympathetic figure. Also, and more importantly LSU came off looking bad.

Now we are stuck with a coach who has maxed his ability. I wanted Miles to prove Alleva wrong after the way things went down but I've lost hope on that.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Honest question: What has Miles done wrong since Alleva didn't fire him that has made you "lose hope"? Personally, I was surprised that we were able to beat A & M with the way November was going and with all of the talk of firing Miles. Additionally, we put up 56 points on TT (albeit a team with a shitty defense), but nonetheless, we won our bowl game in most convincing fashion.

FWIW, I also think Alleva should be fired. His "firing" of Miles couldn't have gone worse.

LSUTiga, kluke, 65Grad and 2 others like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The fact that miles is still here validates this statement

lsufan52 likes this.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Lol--yes, that is true. If Alleva wanted to fire Miles, it needed to happen no later than the Monday after the Ole Miss game. The week of the A & M game turned into the Miles Swan Song Tour, and Alleva came out looking like a fool.

$TigerFan$ and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

once again had the reverse gameplan. the one time he needs to run his 3 bo's and a cloud of schembechler all game yet he throws the ball 22 times.

but against bama you will see it down 3 scores. well unless theres 2 mins left and you can beat them by running the clock out, he'll throw 3 times and punt. he just will never get it. this is rudimentary shit coaches know instinctively on most any level. thats why miles was going to be fired. bc theres no fixing that. it bleeds into clock management and mental preparedness and the team represents that against stiffer competition now.