time for controversy...?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by alumni95, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Yes, he has made a few mistakes in the past few years. Do you want to hire DiNardo back? Hallman? They made a lot more.

2. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

All I can say is no one is perfect.

for all saban has done and accomplished, its puzzling that someone would put so much focus on what they perceive to be a shortcoming. like I said no one is perfect, but Saban is the best coach in the country. why don't you just take the good with the little bit of perceived bad and just be happy instead of complaining.

one other thing... saban has shown that he learns from his mistakes.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Hey, it's the off season. What's the harm in doing a little analysis of the team/coach. It's a long time till August, there will plenty of such discussions.

Alumni95 should be free to ask questions without his Tigerness being questioned. We're just talkin' here.

The only time I remember everyone complaining about Nick's time management was before halftime in the 2001 Ole Miss game. In fact, that is the only time I've ever really heard anybody think that Nick made a bad coaching decision.

That's one blunder in four seasons. We could count 2 or 3 blunders a game under Hallman or Dinardo! The multiple championships tend to make us think that Nick is infallible. He's not. But his virtues outweigh his faults to such a degree that there is little need to worry.

Still, it's OK to talk about it.

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

That is hilarious. Nice!!:D

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Just so you will all know, Coach Saban dresses in the manner in which he does in order to keep himself humble. How else could he keep himself grounded with so much success (even though not perfect) ? Right ? You got it ? Now its time to move on !

6. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

Get ready for much more than that in the way of offseason debate. Last offseason it was red 55, Saban fan, geaux scott, south link and me(lsucorndog aka texascajun) with a few others on the board and that was about it. Hell, brett used to post discussions quite frequently if I recall. Congrats and great work with the board. Wasn't a recruiting forum useful? LSU is officially big time now and we'll start to be like those fans of other elite teams that have the luxury of nitpicking. I just glad the days tepper are over. Red55 and Sabanfan, what ever happened to southlink05?

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Excuse me sir.. I have been posting useless rambling and incoherent thoughts since Jan of 2002 (The end of the 2001 season) So I have been here for 3 seasons.... ;)

I am old school....

As far as Southlink you can find him on WEN. I asked him to come by and said we were mean to him.. Although he was everywhere right before the SEC title game. Then nothing.. He is a good dude but needs to return to face the music..

I think his pride was a bit hurt by the beating his UGA dogs took.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Southlink will be back in time, likely. When you lurk opponents boards, you sometimes hear things that you don't like. Many of the rival posters get chapped from time to time and boycott. We lost BayouTider for about six months last year. And we haven't hear much from Mr. Chuck lately, either.

I never really saw anybody bash Southlnk too bad. Maybe he's just embarrassed about Georgia dropping two to LSU. He posts all over the SEC, He'll get back to us before the Georgia game next year, I imagine.

9. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

Yes sir, texas tigers. You certainly were. I knew I was leaving out some guys. Who else posted last off season?

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I've been here for a while now. I think that chuck hasn't been coming back because his work cut off access to Tigerforums. "Off season" is high time for basketball and baseball, although it doesn't seem like there are that many people that talk alot about baseball.

Then you have June-August to fill, that's when it gets pretty tough to find new LSU stuff to talk about. Good thing NCAA 2005 will be coming out around then.