Time for Taps?????

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ragincajun1987, Apr 22, 2006.

1. GORILLA BALL

GORILLA BALL Founding Member

the fat lady is certainly humming, the season with the exception of the bama series has hurt. it seems every weekend wet are breaking all the wrong records. for instance for the first time since 1982 we were swept by ole miss. will we make the sec tournament thus the ncaa tourney?

2. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

Hey, BB, sometimes you have to take two steps back to take a step forward. When it became apparent this past football season that the Saints were on a downward spiral, I started rooting for their opponents during the last half of the season. What happened??? We got a new coach, Drew Brees, and the second pick in the upcoming draft! Will it work? Time will tell. However, it certainly won't be any worse than having to sit through another season with the same old tired coach giving us the same old tired excuses.

Did you hear Smoke's comments after yesterday's game??? He just apathetically said, "We just have to keep teaching them, and hopefully, things will work out." WTF???? He needs to start kicking a$$ and taking names!!

3. swoop

swoop Founding Member

I guess you haven't heard smoke speak much, those comments are very typical.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Oh, I see exactly what kind of fan you are. I bet you cried a little when Tyrus announced he would be going pro because you wanted him to stick around and help LSU out, thus making you (as a fan) look better. Is not enough to applaud the effort of AMATURE athletes? I know that I'm not thrilled with the way LSU has been playing, but still... is it really the coaches fault? Do we know for sure?

5. Tigerade

Tigerade Founding Member

Personally, I did cry a little when Tyrus declared for the pros. I wish him well, and I appreciate what he's done for LSU, but ultimately I prefer that he stayed because LSU is better with him. I consider myself an LSU Tiger fan, not a Tyrus Thomas fan. I also don't fell it is enough to just applaud the effort of the athletes - I want to win. If I just want to cheer for the athletes without concern over winning or losing, I'll go to my 4 year old's teeball game or become an Ole Miss fan.:eek:lefire: