Time outs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Oct 19, 2014.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

We lost a time out at the end of the 1st half. When time out was called with 12 seconds left we had two timeouts. After the time out we had none. What happened to the last time out? I even backed up the recorder to check and sure enough according to the on screen scoreboard we had two timeouts remaining, ran a play, called timeout had 12seconds left on the clock and no timeouts left. WTF! Didn't really matter in the end, but we could have taken a another shot at the end zone then use the last time out to kick the FG.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I did not understand that either. Not sure what happened.

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I believe we called a timeout with around 50 seconds to go but the announcers didn't notice. It was either a 1st down play or run but the clock was stopped...I'm thinking it was then.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We did call a timeout at the 56 second mark, yes. We ran for a first down and then threw an incomplete pass after that and then the holding penalty on us, so no reason to have called a timeouts after any of those 3 plays.

Our 2nd timeout was at the 12 second mark. Interestingly it shows Kentucky calling a timeout after we were coming out of our 2nd timeout. Can't remember that happening.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I also think we were short-changed a timeout. We're lucky that's the only screwing we received with a Penn Wagers crew, though.

COTiger likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Oh there were many UK fouls not called. I saw so many holding no calls including one when UK was in the end zone...in fact most of UK's positive plays had holding where grabbing and pulling of the jersey in front of the zebra was obvious. I guess if they allowed the same from LSU it would even out but the only holding calls I remember were on us.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Did y'all hear when he called a false start on LSU he called it on a certain player can't remember who and then said "among others"

9. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

My outburst wasn't G rated when I saw he was the head zebra.

StaceyO likes this.