Time to Bounce Brady!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by danthetigerfan, Feb 25, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

I have never seen more excuses for losing than with this basketball program.

Brady ain't going anywhere after this season ... which means I'll be debating again whether or not to renew my season tickets next year.

This is really getting old. I've gone from complaining about this program to not giving a damn about it ... almost!

Something needs to change really soon . Nothing is worse than apathy...

2. GMoney2600

GMoney2600 Founding Member

While I don't think Brady is a good coach by any means, it is unfair to compare him to Nick Saban as a coach.

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Lets face it with Lloreda at 100% and the rest of the team on top of their game we are a little above average. After Lloreda went down we are a mediocre team. Do you think that any one other than Lloreda and Bass could start for any other team in the conference? These big losses are hard to understand but so are the losses, the last few weeks, by Louisville and Texas Tech.
    Patino has lost five of the last six games at Louisville, the last by unranked Depaul. Knights Texas Tech team lost to an unranked team, lowly Nebraska, by twenty-eight points the other night. Tech was a top ranked team a few weeks back.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Actually 4 teams have better overall records than us and we're tied with 3 other teams in conference records but that isn't the point. The SEC is down this year, way down. Our overall recrod is a sham as we didn't play any good out of conference schools this year, a sham. We just are not a good basketball team any way you look at it. The prospects for next year look worse as we are losing our only real good player and the team simply cannot shoot except for once in a while. Yes, we are a bad team. If being average in a mediocre league is what you want then fine, I expect to be better than this. We don't deserve to be in the NCAA's at all. I've seen many a game this year on T.V. and the mid majors around the country simply are playing much better basketball than the SEC and the ACC and Big 12 are playing much better also. The SEC is way overrated this year.

5. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

Brady is terrible. He's lost the confidence of his players. He alienates fans and would-be supporters. This team is talented enough to compete on a high level.

The SEC is a joke? Look at the conference RPI as referenced last night by Brando - it's the highest in the country. The fact that LSU has won as many games is a testament to the ability of the players we do have. We've seen the team's potential. It's up to the coach to get the team to play to its potential. Brady is not getting the job done.

Get rid of Brady and bring in someone young who is an assistant at a successful program.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm not sure my thoughts about Brady long term but I'm fine with his overall job thus far. Losses can be frustrating but this is an exciting time of year. We have Kentucky coming to our place on national TV and we still can get in the dance if we lose that game. Outside of football season, this is my favorite time of the year. All of the bubble teams (like us) making their case followed by March Madness. At the beginning of the season, most LSU fans said make the tourney and it will be a successfull year. That's still my thinking right now. I'll reserve my judgement until then.

7. cajdav1

I guess we'll have to wait till the tourney to see how good or bad the SEC. I've just watched a lot of games this year and the teams do not look good to me, we'll see.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

How dare he lose to one of the best teams in the country! I mean, they were fighting and hustling to the end to the game and they didn't give up at all! Can't they take a hint?

All coaches that lose badly to one the the best teams in the nation should be fired!

9. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

How long do you want to not be one of the best teams in the country?

10. cajdav1

Teams that hustle and give 100% don't get out-rebounded like that and also don't give up close to that many lay ups. To not score is one thing, but to not play defense and not block out at all is just being lazy.