Time to start some smack with UGAy

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerfanintampa, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Stats for Georgia Fans:

LSU's Defense:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/national%20rankings/IA_teamtotdef.html

LSU's Offense:

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/national%20rankings/IA_teamtotoff.html

Michael Clayton:
    http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/national%20rankings/IA_playerrec_ttlyards.html

Matt Mauck:
    http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/national%20rankings/IA_playerpasseff.html

Of course we will hear how LSU hasn't played a "Real" team (Qoutation marks..very important to the Dawgs) and how they are not: A) A "Directional" School B) A "Hyphenated" School. [​IMG]

2. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

From whom?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Southlink for months you have been talking about how the Dawgs aren't as good as last year and moaning about the suspensions and injuries and acting like Georgia would be lucky to stay on the field with a good high school team. I want to ask you a question. Not where your sympathies lie for the game. You are a lifelong LSU fan who is now a student at Georgia. I don't know if you're a betting man but if you had to make a very large wager on the outcome of Saturdays game who would you put your money on? No spread, just a straight out bet on who wins and who loses. No consideration given to whether you are a fan of either team. Just a bet based on a cold analysis of who you thing will win the game after seeing UGA dismantle two teams who may or may not be all that great but who have respected programs. S Carolina in the SEC and Clemson who has been at least a contender for a bowl game forever. And after seeing LSU blow out their first three opponents, none of whom is a real test.

Your Final Jeopardy Answer is:

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

LSU's Schedule

Tex_Bulldog

LSU has only played high school teams...
    with one road game against that horrible Arizona team. Since your points were against patsies, wouldn't make too much of them. UGA defense will be much better than anything you have seen so far.
    Posted on 9/14 10:58 PM

LibertarianDawg

Wow. Congrats on your huge victories over...
    Louisiana-Monroe, Western Illinois and the worst team in the history of the University of Arizona.
    I'm trembling in my boots at your awesome strength of schedule.
    Posted on 9/14 10:58 PM

This about sums it up:
    http://uga.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1&mid=22303788&sid=&tid=22303788&style=1

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Tell you what Jim Lampley, those jabs are starting to sting.

6. Billdog

Billdog Freshman

If you're looking for a more serious discussion try this board:

dawgrun.com

The Dawgvent is just for fun.

7. Tigerdog007

Tigerdog007 Founding Member

Talking trash is only fun when I dont like the other team. As it stands now I think Georgia is by far the second best team in the SEC. It is a shame that we have to put this loss on their record. Oh well happens to the best of them!!!LOL

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I read the "Welcome LSU Fans" post on Dawgvent and decided, unless you're a UGA cheerleader you're better off staying away.

9. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Yes, along with everyone else from UGA nation. You're acting as if I was putting on some act and I wasn't. UGA lost a TON from the draft last year and maybe 2-3 OL starters from a line ALREADY depleted AND 4-5 defensive starters from a defense already withered away. What the hell else was I expecting? UGA to blow out people with 3rd string players? Of course not. My bitching and moaning was quite serious.

If I was a betting man I would put money on UGA. My reasons are that I believe our OL is much improved from 2 big games (2 big games to Georgia...Clemson being a rival and having lost 2 of the last 3 to USC) and our QB/RB is just clicking incredibly. Looking back to all off last year AND this year, our defense is just dominating the ball. Our front 4 are playing great and our secondary is returning more people now. But, I also feel that LSU's OL is much better then CU and USC. I also believe that LSU's WR's are the best we will see this year.

Just too many questions to bet. I say UGA but thats with my homerish bias in it.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You can't blame me for thinking you were putting on an act. Some of your comments about UGA's chances sounded a lot like the poor mouthing Lou Holtz did before Notre Dame played The Little Sisters of the Poor. I don't keep up with UGA as much as you do but even though I did know about the losses to the NFL of the heart of your O line Georgia is one of those teams that reloads every year with a great O line the same way that Tennessee used to always come up with the great receivers or the way Penn State was known as Linebacker U. If I was not a fan of either team it would be a real tough choice. The Dawgs D looks awesome so far and we all know that a great D will prevail over a great O. Clemson and USC might not have been a real test but they were a better test than the offenses LSU has faced so far. The LSU D looks just as dominating as UGAs but like I said the opposition thus far hasen't come close to putting their backs to the wall so until I see them play I have to give a slight edge to the Dawg D. I don't know if Jack Hunt will play and Randall Gay is still out. The Tigers D line is the greatest strengh of the D but they will have to play an awesome game to take the pressure off of our our linebackers. The book is still out on the LBs.

I have to give the edge to the LSU offense over UGAs, even though Greene has looked very good. Despite the quality of the opposition the Tiger O looks like a Mean, Mean Scoring Machine I think your best receiver is out and even if he plays you have no receiver to compare to Clayton. Mauck will be under a lot more pressure than he has faced up until now but he won't do anything to lose the game.

I pick LSU to win in a real barnburner but I hope it dosen't come down to a field goal kicking contest. Is there any way we can get the Cowboys to loan Cudiff to the Tigers for a day.