Timing of the release of the "Vision"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Aug 13, 2003.

1. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

I think the timing of the release of this plan is a brilliant move. LSU fans are getting very excited for the upcoming season, there are daily news reports about the progress of the team, etc. This is a stark reminder that what we are about to enjoy costs money, and it will cost more next year. Had this been released in the spring, mid-summer or just after the football season, it would receive much more negative reaction than this likely will (although this will, of course, receive its fair share). There is no good time to tell people they must open their wallets further, but this seems to be the best time possible.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Excellent observation, you must strike when the iron is hot.

3. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Just wanted to bring this thread back to the top to add this article from today's Advocate. There are some VERY interesting comments from Skip regarding his faith in Saban (and his expectations this year), his thoughts on Saban's tenure, hiring Saban's eventual replacement and some additional details about the Vision.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/081903/spo_tickets001.shtml

4. tigerbait28

tigerbait28 Founding Member

if the season goes well it will be a great move but it could turn out just as bad if the season ends up like last year
    i think skip needs a very impressive season out of saban this year to survive the tiger fans
    i think 9-3 will do it 8-4 will cut it but will hurt a little anything less and i think skip will question his timing

the one positive thing i see from this is that skip has to believe that saban will stay for several seasons after this year
    to put a major plan like vision in place which was in part to satisfy (but still something that i feel must be done) saban he has to have some sort knowledge that saban does not plan to leave for the nfl and that he has hopes of creating a serious program at lsu