Tired of this shit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu-i-like, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Don't forget ole piss is on the rise, wareagleplainsmantigers are looking much better, and the western dogs are looking good with their, young QB. We might be in the cellar of the west soon.

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I think Stud has shown that he isn't up to standard and we need a line coach that believes and can coach the power run game. I have loved and respected Chief but the last 2 years have seen the D begin a slide. He needs to do what Bear Bryant did in 1970 re evaluate and change or retire. I think he deserves the opportunity to re arrange his staff. As much as Corey Raymond is a LSU man he doesn't seem to be able to match Cooper's capabilities. I wonder about Brick Haley as well. The lack of development in the D line play is a worry. Finally to blaspheme I wonder about our strength and conditioning. We don't seem to be as strong where it counts is Tommy Moffitt doing the right things.

Earlier I said Chief deserves a chance to make things right and I hold to that. He has done great things but as with all things this cannot be allowed to become a trend.

Look Saban since he has been at Alabama, is the only coach that hasn't had a down year and that speaks to his ability. Yes every coach should be measured against the best and our staff should be as well. However as has been pointed out often to make a change as reaction has been shown at LSU and almost EVERY other major school, Alabama included , to be a invitation to disaster.

Get with Miles and tell him he needs a serious review of what the staff is and where it is going. The Army does it all the time and its after action exams are brutal but effective. You must be ruthless in preventing bad trends to develop. I have vocally supported Les and still do however if we don't rebound next year he will need to have his seat warmed considerably. We've had a 10 year run at the top and there is no reason to let it slip from LSU's fingers.

3. tigahfromhell

tigahfromhell Veteran Member

He appeared to lose the team in the second half and probably for the season. The question is how much longer before he loses his assistants.

I have followed the Tigers since 1967 - good and bad. For my own reasons, there are two games that stand out to me. 1/9 and the second half of last night. I really don't think the program or fans have ever recovered from the former, and I think that latter just might have finished off this season.

4. tigahfromhell

tigahfromhell Veteran Member

The only way this thing might turn around is to make some carefully thought out changes. If next year turns out crappy, it may be time for the BOS to renegotiate Alleva's and Miles' contracts down if legal can find a way to make them an offer they can't refuse. I am surprised that TAF folks are quiet today, then again, that might be saying something in itself.

5. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Sadly, the best thing that could happen to LSU is to lose 2 more and maybe some changes will be made.

6. lsufan52

lsufan52 Lsu baseball fan from old box to new

yep

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree and what get me is, that as a former O-lineman himself, this should be Miles' excels, but our oline has not been playing up to SEC caliber.

Everything you say is true, but in fairness, he did have a lot of underclassman declare, so by attrition, some people are starting that probably shouldn't be. The last few years, the D has been the strength of the team, so I think he's owed at least one more year to fix it. I agree though that he definitely needs to reevaluate his philosophy and approach.

8. Noth1ngfaced

Noth1ngfaced Veteran Member

[​IMG]

ROY_LA_CA and furduknfish like this.
  9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I really hate it when LSU "fans" hope we lose, so that "changes can be made."

$TigerFan$ and stevescookin like this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

just as bad as the ones who never think any changes to be made. until its too late.

Kal-El012, Richdog and shane0911 like this.