'tis the eve before the Mueller report!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Apr 17, 2019.

1. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

This is not difficult. The fact that Trump is a dishonest grifter has nothing to do with Hillary. I voted for neither, and I detest Hillary more than the next man, but to say Trump is better than Hillary. . . . . talk about a low bar! OBTW, I think he is better than Hillary, but he is still TERRIBLE.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

How can you be for any democrat over Trump or anyone that is a conservative?

3. HalloweenRun

The other morning on Morning Joe (I know) mayor Pete was asked how he ended up, with his "elite" education, in Afghanistan. He gave the most cogent, from the heart answer I have ever heard from a politician. Basically he said, that it used to be people from the "elite schools" went into the military (JFK, GHB), but that has changed. He also stated that he was working on a campaign in Iowa, going door to door in poor, rural farm communities. In practically every house he encountered someone who was going in service or had just gotten out. He felt he needed to connect with that experience that so many poor people had and that those from elite universities had no clue. He was much more eloquent than that summary, but it was incredibly powerful.

4. HalloweenRun

I don't think the answer is either LIBERAL or CONSERVATIVE but I would greatly prefer someone with unquestionable integrity. Unfortunately in modern politics, that is an issue. Right now I am for Mayor Pete, and would vote, for a change, for him if the election was today. That might change.

5. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    el005639 likes this.
  6. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Mayor Pete is very impressive and is obviously smart , has his thought together etc. He also talks a strong free market capitalist economic line. unfortunately he’s about as far out in left field as AOC in too many other issues that are incompatible with his supposed economic position. To get where he wants requires a strong central command economic model the exact opposite of free market capitalism and libertarian philosophy.
    I’ll listen but he has a long way to go.

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Pete Buttigieg (gawd, the puns are going to be awesome)? Good Lord, no, and hell no. Straight out the box, and not the closet, he was a McKinsey insultant. No worse asshole (another pun) than an McKinsey insultant.

The media loves this guy and are busy promoting him and his husband as a "cute couple". At the time of his filing, exactly what were his policies? Oh, that's right, he didn't have a policy page. Why the hell is anyone lining up to vote for him when he hasn't put his policies out there? He's Mr. Middle Gay America with a fancy education and a service record. BFD.

His lame attempt at pre-campaign slurs was well, lame. Claiming he knows Trump will target him with homophobic remarks and using TMZ as the place to discuss his campaign? Child, please.

He adamantly supports late term abortion, claiming the mother's health as a reason but at that point, abortion isn't necessary. A baby can be delivered in order to save the mother. He thinks men in government shouldn't get involved but as the Mayor he vetoed a rezoning bill, thereby blocking a pro-life group from setting up a crisis clinic near an abortion clinic.

He wants to dismantle the electoral college. Buh Bye Louisiana votes. Hell-O California.

He's in favor of reparations, just not straight cash transfers. Oh, okay, lol.

And I don't care what the media is trying to peddle these days, America is not ready for this in the White House...
    [​IMG]

He'll lose the black vote like no other Dem before.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    COTiger likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

Do ANY of the current candidates represent you?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Can you name how our country is worse off with Trump?

I mean, the major issue for American prosperity, the economy, is doing fantastic by most major indicators.