Titans/Saints

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by diamondheadtiger, Sep 24, 2007.

1. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

always next year eh? Let's go 0-16 and get some good draft picks...

Thank God we have the Tigers.. otherwise the murder rate would go up in south La...

2. tigerleg24

tigerleg24 Guest

with the first pick in the 2008 NFL draft the New Orleans Saints pick DT Glenn Dorsey from LSU

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Saints rushed 16 times for 34 yards. I'm thinking 2 yards per carry isn't going to eat up much clock.

4. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I didn't read every post in this thread so maybe someone already said it.....but this whole team, o-line, d-line, LB's, especially corners and safeties, and Reggie Bush: they are all SOFT! Like pillow soft. They have been pushed around for 3 weeks now and to me that is the biggest difference.

For starters I'm tired of all the Bush hype. The guy runs straight for the sideline and avoids contact like the plague.

The safeties and corners whiff at receivers, arming them down. No receiver catching a ball is EVER made to pay for a catch....EVER!

The o-line was getting thrown around like rag dolls.....big puffy rag dolls. The difference in Brees this year as comparied to last is he knows that line can't protect him and he's jittery and I would be too. Titan d-lineman were breaking on him and Stecker before the ball was even in their hands.

So for me this team's main problem is they are way too soft. I thought the Steeler preseason game was just a preseason game but what it was was a foreshadowing of what was to come all year....a soft team getting manhandled by everyone. We need to play the Chiefs again and quick.

5. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

How are they gonna get in a rhythm running it 16 times a game. Remember the game was close for 3 quarters. I feel like if they would have ran the ball more on the drive Brees fumbled it would have been a different out come. They were starting to have a little success running the ball.

They needed to put the ball in their play makers hands not the fullback or the tight end. Those pass plays to the tight end was ridiculous! If they are gonna pass it they need to go down the field to get the defense off the line. They are not passing it to the running back out in the flat but behind the line of scrimmage and the defense is teeing off on them. Seems like they know what's coming.

I think for the rest of the season they should give it to Bush 25 to 30 times a game and either make or break him. Atleast we'll know if he is for real of not.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The Saints are just struggling at stretching the field. It seems as if the coaches are now emphasizing it too much and Brees is trying to force it down there.

They offense needs to do whatever it can to keep the defense off the field. I really could see this team making the playoffs.

What is the deal with Meachem?

7. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

our offense sucks...

on defense we can't tackle anyone.. I actually told my girl that she could rush for 120 yards on this saints defense...

1 person likes this.
  8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

They should just take the whole LSU D.:)

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

I agree, just start over.

10. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That's what I want to know. Do you think him and Devery (with stickum) could stretch the field and open up the underneath for Colston and Bush?

Something about those Tenn receivers getting 'hurt' once they turn pro. IE: Dont'play Stallworth. :dis: