TM7 on Bama's winning TD: "I would have known that play was coming."

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger_fan, Jan 22, 2013.

1. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I think he would have returned a punt for a TD and/or caused at least one fumble against Alabama...............as for tackling their running backs, I'm sure
    he would have jumped on their backs and "helped" Minter "get them down".:)

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Picturing the Lacy strip has he's doing that completely pointless spin move.

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

Pointless? That spin move has gotten him a lot of yards. More backs should do it.

LSUTiga likes this.
  4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

I saw him do it against Notre Dame while scoring. I guess if he does it and it works, it's his "move". Would still like to know HOW Lacy did not play at LSU.
    Seems to be a trend in that area over last couple of years with guys so close to LSU they can see the concession stands, going to Alabama.

5. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

ONCE AGAIN....Lacy got lost in all the backs they signed that year.....because he was very close to not being academicaly eligible, so LSU backed off of him...everyone knew he was good they just did not want to offer him a spot with all the other backs they had and loose him to academics.

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

He has an uncanny balance for a top heavy guy. Its worth noting, he did not spin often against solid defenses. A simple-juke is all he needs while not putting ball at risk. Pointless.

7. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

If Lacy hadn't have been such a terrible student in high school, he would probably have gone to LSU. From an ESPN article a couple months ago:

"Lacy says the Tigers recruited him initially, backed off when it looked as if he wouldn't qualify academically ... Lacy had been miles away from even (academically) qualifying for college as a senior, and only two teams stuck with him -- Bama and Tennessee. ... He took correspondence classes during lunch hour. (Then, instead of graduating with the rest of his senior class,) He went to summer school after his senior year until one day (on July 24) he got a call that he'd earned an A in math (and academically qualified)."

LSU took Ford in that class, and Ware and Blue in the next class

As for our track record at Dutchtown, we took Reid the year after Lacy, then lost Collins, so we are 1 of 2 there when it comes to guys we were after

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

What about Devall? I was thinking he too was around the Baton Rouge area. Could be wrong.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Dam, for US to back off he must've been REALLY weak.

10. TIGRIS PANTHERA

TIGRIS PANTHERA Veteran Member

Alabama's a iron-clad test....for now....TM7 did squat against em....NFL will test his abilities to an even higher level. We will soon see.