TM7

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The further away we get from that 2011 season, the more I realize that there'll never be another player like him again. If he had just been able to stay for last season, he'd be mentioned amongst the pantheon of college football legends.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Would have loved to see the Saints pick him up, but its probably best from him that he got away from nola. Glad to see him doing so well.

didit, fanatic and LSUDad like this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Couldn't agree more. His football instincts and knack for making a big play is something that cannot be taught and it will be a long long time before we see another like him.

StaceyO likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What I want to know is what are they doing in Arizona that couldn't be done in Baton Rouge?

5. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Paying him.

StaceyO and Contained Chaos like this.
  6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Who all is in the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year conversation?

That would be an awesome start to his career if he were given that award.....it would also hush all of his critics (of which he has plenty of).

I'd like to see it happen.

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

One of the talking heads (maybe Peter King?) said TM7 should be a shoe-in for it.

8. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Alot of times that will make a substance abuse problem worse, though. I think it may have been the crowd he was running with, and I don't necessarily mean guys on the team.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I know that Eric Reid and Mingo both got off to big starts but may (?) have fallen off a bit. With Reid being a full-time starter and having more INTs (I think) that Tyrann and Mingo possibly ending the year with decent sack totals, could they be in the mix?

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

@lsu99

@Contained Chaos

I found this as far as the conversation about DROY:

DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Judy Battista: Sheldon Richardson, DT, New York Jets' impressive defensive line.

Gil Brandt: Kiko Alonso, LB, BuffaloNew York Jetsdefensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, who is tough to block, is a close second.

Albert Breer: Alonso. Buffalo couldn't have given new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine a better welcoming gift than this heat-seeking, playmaking stud. Alonso took over against the Ravens, and it looks like he'll be a mainstay in the middle for a long time to come.

Bucky Brooks: Alonso. He has quickly emerged as the Bills' top defensive playmaker, despite his youth/inexperience. Alonso is tied for the league lead with four interceptions and sets the tone for his teammates with his fanatical effort.

Jeff Darlington: Alonso. When you have four interceptions in your first eight NFL games, it's difficult to top. Alonso is making a major impact already -- and he's only going to get better with more experience.

Elliot Harrison: Star Lotulelei, DT, Carolina Jets DT Sheldon Richardson has had a slightly better season thus far, at least statistically. But we must not forget that Lotulelei is playing a huge role on the league's No. 2 scoring defense and has started from Day 1. The space eater allows star linebacker Luke Kuechly to make plays.

Daniel Jeremiah: Alonso. He has been a tackling machine and he's already notched four interceptions. Once again, this award will go to a linebacker.

Brandt: Reassessing the rookies

Gil Brandt identifies the teams whose rookies have made their mark -- and those whose newbies have disappeared. READ
    Kimberly Jones: Alonso. Love that he lets his play -- 81 tackles, four picks -- do the talking. Hasn't missed a snap all season. Not a snap.

Ian Rapoport: Tyrann Mathieu, DB, Arizona Adam Schein: Alonso. A tackling, play-making machine from Day 1 in Buffalo.

Michael Silver: Alonso. When I hung out pre-draft with the future Bills middle linebacker, I sensed he might be an impact player. It turns out the second-round pick is more than that: He's special.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...n-predictions-mvp-rookie-of-the-year-and-more