TM7

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by shane0911, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Yeah, Alonso was the other name that kept getting brought-up. Couldn't think of it earlier.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Being in Arizona, he's away from the nola crowd he was running with/getting in trouble with. Kind of like Ryan Perrilloux.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'd like to know what LSU's process is when they have failed drug tests, why isn't there a mentoring program in place, it sounds to me like everything was swept under the rug until he failed a bunch of tests and then they just gave him the boot. That isn't very helpful IMO.

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I would think LSU did take step to fix the problem and not just levy punishment or "sweep it under the rug." Addicts or substance abusers oftentimes have to hit their bottom b-4 they're ready to change. It's just the nature of substance abuse and/or addiction. I'd like to think LSU did all they could and TM7 just wasn't ready to change quite yet. It could be a battle he fights all his life.

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Also, remember that the NFL doesn't test for pot during the season and it's possible he could go his entire career without being tested. While I do believe he's matured and given up all that stuff, it could be that he's just smarter about it now and only toking in secure situations with responsible teammates or adults.

6. LaSalleAve

They do test for people who have been arrested on drug charges though I believe.

7. LaSalleAve

65 tackles (2nd on team behind a damn good Karlos Dansby from Auburn with 86)
    2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, 1 sack.

Not bad for a rookie who was supposed to implode already.

islstl, StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

He's got some absurd number of possible tests stipulated in his contract...like as many as 100 or something like that. I'd say if he wins DROY and then keeps progressing into a DPOY type player, he'll be able to smoke all the Arizona hybrid bud he can get his badger hands on. But hopefully he won't go back to that place. I'm not hard on pot-smokers at all, but some folks just don't need to do it. He might be one.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Far from it, LSU has one of the better programs in college football. I've seen the "Breakfast Club" in action.

10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Pardon the interruption on ESPN 2 fixing to talk about TM....FYI

Two years ago today, TM took over the SECCG against uga. Also talked about Zona getting a steal in the draft with Him

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013