TN fan's prospective

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Pooods, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Pooods

Pooods Freshman

You guys will roll on Saturday! This is the worst team TN has fielded since I was old enough to be a true fan and that dates back a few decades. You are having O problems but we are having worse D problems so you might not have much of a problem covering the spread of 17 points either. If anyone wins in the SEC other than TN I hope it's LSU so get that O worked out and make a run to Atlanta. Maybe one day we might be up to the task ourselves again. There was a time when were on top of the mountain looking down but now we look up from the cellar!! :(

1 person likes this.
  2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Kiffen, Orgeron.....not to rub salt in your wounds, but you reap what you sow!!!

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's going to be a comedy of errors out on that field Saturday afternoon.

I can guarantee you that much.

But yes, you guys look beyond pathetic.

1 person likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's a strange year. Our defense is strong, our special teams are strong, and our offense is dismal. Seriously, anybody that can score 28 points on our defense can beat LSU right now. We had more yardage from interception returns than passing last week.

5. Pooods

Pooods Freshman

Well, you have a group of fans here that hated Fulmer. Them and some big donation people put pressure on the A.D. to find a young energetic coach from outside the TN family to run the show. So he finally pulled the plug on Fulmer and did it. The last thing I want is a loud mouth smart ass running the show! He was all bark and no bite. He didn't respect the SEC and I am sure he laughed at us all down south. Even if he won last year it was bitter sweet for me knowing what a prick he was.
    When he left I was ill at first but then happy to see him gone. Dooley is a class act. Can he coach? Don't know yet but we must give him time to bring in some talent to see if he can do anything with it.
    The A.D.'s neck is now on the chopping block. He's feeling pressure like never before. Fulmer gets out and runs his mouth these days about how the program has fallen since he was fired. That's just stupid! This team is still playing many of his players that just never amounted to much. He was a good coach in the 90's but having loads of talent can make almost any coach look good.
    At least when we lose I don't have to see Kiffin's face on TV or the former QB Crompton that never took blame for anything. It's good to hear a southern accent from a TN coach again.
    And yes. We do suck this season. How they ever hung in there with FL is a mystery to me. Guess FL sucks too.

6. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

have a friend who's a big Vols fan, we always mess around when our teams play. Dooley should straighten things out eventually. On paper, yes we should dominate but that's why the games are played!!!

7. swoop

swoop Founding Member

I hope you like the intricacies of the punting game, you could in for a real treat on Saturday.

8. Berge

Berge Founding Member

I'm torn with Tennessee in that I really like Dooley, but I want them (no offense) to suffer for selling their soul to Kiffin.

9. Pooods

Pooods Freshman

I and most other TN fans agree about Kiffin. He was a mistake and most of us didn't want him to start with. But, we mean nothing. They got what they wanted and he left them looking like idiots.

Tid bits for you LSU fans:
    TN on offense (Including some injured that might not play): Starters-1 JuCo transfer, 1 Soph and 2 Fresh, 2nd team has 10 Freshman! Now that's depth. LOL

TN on D (including some injured that might not play): Starters- 4 Sophomores and 1 Freshman, 2nd team has 6 Freshman

Pope, Bartholomew and Schofield will not play for the game.
    Poole, Jones and Evans might not play

Most of us agree that Lincoln, Reviez, D. Moore and Hughes are the best starters so far but none great

Poole can run the ball fairly well but the O line can't open holes

Janzen Jackson was expected to be the next Berry on D but hasn't produced so far

TN has completed 1 first down in the last 38 3rd and long tries

3 times last Saturday we had only 10 men on the field for a play!

3rd and Chavis has now been changed to 3rd and Wilcox :)

WAY too many penalities

Our best D lineman might start for Vandy

O line has no push at all and can have 3 freshman on the field at one time

D secondary might even be worse than the O line!!

Simms almost got pulled last week in favor of Bray but Bray is not ready at all to play QB

Coaching schemes are very simple due to inexperienced players on the field

No razzle dazzle at all on either side of ball

Most of the knowing Vol fans expect a 2&5 record right now

10. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Pooonds, I used to actually like Tennessee. They were my second favorite team (behind LSU) because I was a neighborhood friends with two of Hank Lauricella's kids. We went to high school together as well.

But I thought that what your AD and university president did to Johnny Majors was totally classless. Majors goes in the hospital with cardiac problems and Fulmer backstabs Majors by going behind his back garnering support from the AD and president. They kick Majors to the curb and the Fulmer cup is initiated. You guys have problems that are more serious than the head coach....your administration!

Like you said Kiffen was not only an embarrassment to the University...but to the whole SEC. You guys are so lucky to have gotten rid of him without any additional embarrassment to the university. Now you've got a class act for a head coach so I'm back on the Tennessee bandwagon (so to speak...tiger bait notwithstanding).

The best thing your program can do is get rid of the AD and upgrade there. I hear you guys have a new president already...so good so far !!

About the only other thing that I wish happens is for Janzen Jackson to get knocked out of the LSU game and then flunk out of the university because if you thought Kiffen was an embarrassment to the coaching profession...Jackson is even more of an embarrassment to the "Gangsta" profession.

Come on, really....a BB gun and a Prius???? ...WTF !!!