To all those attending the game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Dec 4, 2003.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Be Loud, Be Proud, Show the Dawgs what a real fans sound like. I will be at a wedding, if you can believe that shit. I just hope nobody misses me at the reception, because I guarantee that I will find a TV. I know no one on here would dare get married during Football season, so I dont need to harp my feelings on that subject. Well to say the least, I wont be where I want to be Saturday, but at least I know the Ga Dome will be ROCKIN BABY. Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!:geaux: :geaux: :geaux: :geaux:

2. Golfdude

Golfdude Founding Member

I used to be in a wedding band. I refused (and the band followed) to accept any gigs during CF season. The booking agent would get real upset with me, but like I say: There are 52 Saturdays in a year, all I want is 12 of 'em. Let people get married on the other 40. Getting married on a CF Saturday is rude to your guests. Their wedding is not nearly as important as College Football. Idiots.

3. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

some people are just too damn self centered. Stand for yourself!!

4. stk

stk Founding Member

I was in a friends wedding on Sept 20th and had to watch the UGA game via updating my blackberry every few seconds to see what happened on each play. I attempted to sneak in a walkman with fm tuning capability and a hidden earpiece, but got busted.

Real friends don't get married during football season.

5. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

On that lame History of Tailgating show on the history channel last night there was one dude at Lambeau, who looked pretty hardcore I must admit, who said he had only missed one game in some great number of years, and that was to get married, and that he shouldnt have missed that one! haha

6. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Oh yeah, well I HAD to attend my 5-year old son's Christmas Choir pageant a couple years ago when we played Tenn. for the SECCG. The game and the 2-hour pageant started at the SAME time!!

I purchased a tiny FM receiver from radio shack. It had a small wire leading to a single, teeny-tiny ear-plug of a speaker. I feigned interest in the pageant fairly well until I heard the news that Rohan Davy was down and out, that's when my fist shaking and cursing got the attention of those around me. My wife says I'm gonna go straight to HELL for that one. Perhaps, but I'm taking a few other dads with me. I was hand-signaling updates to fathers around me for the rest of the show. You know...that was the best damn choir pageant ever.