To Everyone That Wants Les Miles Fired

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Herb, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I'll take the other side of that bet. Money is probably discouraged, but if we don't win nine games I will make my signature anything you want it to be and leave it there for one year. If we do win nine, you do the same.

Herb likes this.
  2. Mezmorizor

Mezmorizor Founding Member

I'm sorry, but there is no way you can say that 2011 was a mediocre season. Yeah, the NC game sucked, but we actually had a good case for being the best team ever that year before that. 13-0, beat the snot out of every team not named Alabama, and we played a lot of elite teams that year.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Why are you cats living in the past, I'm talking about from here on out. This will be a very interesting recruiting season because the future of the program depends on it. If the doofus hits it out of the park like he is expected to then he has a chance albeit a slim one to have a team that continues to win in spite of him. Granted it still may take a season or two. If some of these high profile cats see the writing on the wall and cross over to the dark side then the end will come like an avalanche.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

When I saw the age window you posted I was going to tell you we're looking for a coach, not someone for you to lie in the hot tub and rub a dub dub while hub is in Seatle.

StaceyO likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Love your optimism man

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say @shane0911 has never been the type of dude who sugarcoats anything or has trouble expressing how he really feels lol.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Bro, you could not have hit that one more squarely on the head. Its just how I roll.

As for optimism? I would ask @Winston1 what in the world do you have to be optimistic about? I said he has a slim chance if he is able to salvage this highly coveted class he is presumed to land. I think Les has shot his wad my man and it may take a season or 3 or 10 but eventually you will look back on this day and say "damn, that sumbitch was right"

furduknfish likes this.
  8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I just don't like our AD and cringe about him hiring the next coach...It's mostly (not all) a bad feeling.

9. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Not sure you have followed Art Briles very well...........he has won at every place he has been....if he can recruit players to Waco Tx, he can recruit them anywhere. In addition I would trade John Chavis for Phil Bennett on defense in a heart beat. Baylor may lose a game but for that team to be where they were just a few years ago, to now, proves the effect he has had. He and Malzahn are the same kind of coaches...........they optimize the talent they have in whatever system works best.

fanatic likes this.
  10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Art Briles:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/art-briles-1.html

75-59??? that sucks! loses per season: 5.3 yeah buddy. Briles over Saban every year... book that.:rolleyes: beat 1 terrible OU team, who else has he played?

This is the same crap you posted about gary patterson at tcu. You said he was gonna outcoach miles with his zen-like coaching abilities. he's 4-6 & 11-12 in the big 12.

neither can recruit worth a chit...go look. you wanna throw out RG3? I'll throw out brett favre. throw out another one? Manziel. which ones made their coaches look much better than they are/were?

do you have anyone else to sell, or do you keep your fridge freshly stocked with flavor of the month coaches?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    tirk and titoabad1 like this.