To Everyone That Wants Les Miles Fired

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Herb, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

agree.

there are some people who want to Frank Solich LSU for whatever motive. would be a shoe-in for Top 5 boneheaded coaching move of the decade or two.

for the we an do better than miles people:

it's really simple. who has beaten nicky the most? If you don't have an answer, you don't have a topic.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
    Robidoux87 and northernvatiger like this.
  2. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I'm a bit late getting in on this one... Who else out there is a better replacement right now? Look, Miles isn't infallible, but he has shown over and over again that he will make the necessary fixes when there are issues. Also, I really don't think that recruiting is going to suffer. The team has needs, and I think recruits can be sold on the fact that will likely play right away. I think we're basing a lot of our criticism and angst on the fact that Satan coaches a team in our division...

Herb and Perple like this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Actually, I worry more about getting outcoached by Hugh Freeze.

4. lsutygr69

lsutygr69 Founding Member

I worry about getting outcoached by most other football coaches....Hugh Freeze, Kevin Sumlin, Nick Saban, Mark Richt

Richdog and tirk like this.
  5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Has he? How long did it take for him to bring in a real offensive coordinator? How many NCs did we lose because we couldn't field an offense but was sitting on a NFL defense?

Don't be blinded by 7 years ago. He's lost his fire and without an entire NFL defense to keep us in games we are slipping because *gasp* he's not a game day coach. Don't believe he's lost his fire? When was the last time he ever did something that matched his Mad Hatter nickname?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

For the record as much as Id love to see a change for LSU I dont feel Miles should be canned. If things dont change though and we continue on a downside with no improvements then, yes he should be let go. Again, for me its NOT the number of losses, its how those losses come about. Outside of getting owned by Saban in the second half and not adjusting. LSU could have or should have won the previous 4 losses. Its the fact Miles has been outcoached in nearly every game this year outside of UF. Its the fact that in most games this year weve seen end of halve or end of game clock issues. Its the fact that we arent seeing any improvements.

Had the rest of the Bama game been played out like the first half Id have been happy accepting that loss. However I cant accept the loss as it is. LSU had a great gameplan. LSU should have been up in the first half. In the second half Bama adjusted while LSU didnt. Thats not acceptable how LSU had zero adjustments throughout the second half.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  7. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Ok Paul Harvey, let's look at the rest of the story.

Briles took a high school team in the 90's, that has not been to the playoffs since the 50's, and won 4 state championships with them while overcoming the traditional powerhouse high school.

He transitioned from a wishbone style offensive coach to being one of the founding fathers of the spread offense and changed Texas high school football

He improved Texas Techs running game as the running back coach under Mike Leach and got the Houston gig.

He took a loser Houston program and won 2 conference championships with them before going to Baylor, another loser program.

He took that program and look where it is today. You can have RG3, Bryce Petty is better than he is.

Briles has developed QBs at every level he has coached and has taken perennial losers and made them winners and champions. Imagine his success with a school that has the ability to recruit top 5 talent every year.

The guy is noting short of a Texas football legend and will get his chance at a major university one day. There is noting in his past that says anything but success for his future. If one is looking to replace Miles....he is the way to go.

fanatic and shane0911 like this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Perfect example of the vocal majority. You don't want to fire him yet list all of the reasons that he is inept. I'm sure you don't even realize that you did it. It's okay, I understand what you meant and that I took it out of context. My question would be when? Everything you listed here has reared its ugly head too many times to count over the past 7 to 8 years. Its nothing new with Miles and it isn't going to get fixed ever so when? How much more do you really need to see.?

** Phenom, I only quoted your post for content, this a question for all the apologist, you just happen to have so many great items to highlight**

Richdog likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'd be okay with Briles and a handful of others. I agree, if you can recruit kids to Waco and Lubbock then getting them to a real school won't be an issue.

Granted RG3 ended up at Baylor because Mack Brown wouldn't recruit him as a QB or so I've heard.

10. Perple

Perple Founding Member

all of that and he's still only winning 56% of his games. he averages 6.8 wins & 5.3 losses.

sorry but that is terrible. I don't think you can sell him to the majority of LSU fans.

fotgot to ask, was briles mentioned for tenn. or ark jobs? I followed those & don't remember hearing his name.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013