to nuke or not to nuke, that is the question.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by snorton938, May 11, 2004.

?

nuke or don't nuke iraq

1. nuke 'em

28 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. don't nuke 'em

16 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

You can lump me with anyone you like, I'm tired of this bs and I'm for using tactical
    nukes to do the job.
    I'm tired of innocent civilians with targets on thier backs along with the troops.

I'm also tired of the media bs and this prison scandal thing that is way overblown
    being just a few of sick individuals but I would say the prisoners probably deserved
    what they got, I heard on the radio the prisoners that raped our soldier from last year,
    I think her name was Jessica?
    I heard they got even with the soldiers that did that to her, what do you think of that?

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What ever happened to MOAB the mother of all bombs? Why not divide Iraq into grids the size of which MOAB can level and clear the country of its disease one square at a time? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I have had the solution for quite some time.

Step 1: Pull out all but one unit.

Step 2: Fire Scud @ Israel. (scuds are akin to throwing a dart at a housefly)

Step 3: Pull last unit out of Iraq and any surrounding areas.

Step 4: Prepare to watch Israel nuke Iraq as they promised they would if such thing happened.

Step 5: Charge $20 a head to park for new extended Athens Olympic parking lot.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

B-52's wing tip to Wing tip should be our new national chant. Kill them all SYRia, Palestine, Iraq, Iran, sudan, their goats, their mommas, every last breathing squirming vermin there.

5. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I like it, Tirk. I really do. The only problem I see is clearing away the radioactive fallout in time for the Summer Games.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Touche'. I was making a smart-ass retort and turnabout is fair play. You get points for a smart and polite comeback and advance to the "dubious, but not idiotic or ignored" list. :wink:

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Excellent! I'm moving on up in the world... :thumb:

8. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

While nuke'em sounds like a quick fix, it doesn't work in this case. The Iragi oil is too valuable on the market right now. The balance of power in OPEC is too delicate. Blowing up Iraq will not only make it impossible to get to Iraqi oil for some time, the financial repurcussions by OPEC, and the physical retalitiation by the rest of the bloodthirsty extremists will be too much to bare right now. Remember that the insurgents are not just in Iraq, but in Europe and also down at the end of your street.

9. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

NO NUKES just Moab's B52's wing tip to wing tip.

Insurgents would rise up and ... and what? get their asses shot off? they are easy to spot, they wear masks, diapers on their heads or they look middle eastern. if they cant come up with a good excuse to be here, ship them back to the Hole left in Iraq. if the saudis sponsor terroists bomb those SOB's next, syria too. More oil for us. screw them war is kill or be killed, now what you gonna do shoot or be a target?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Damn good point, podnuh.

You know, I'm just as outraged by the Iraqi insurgents as Sourdough and the Nuke 'em Boys. If this was Pakistan or North Korea, I might even agree. We may actually end up having to use nuclear weapons in dealing with those bastards, who really possess atom bombs.

But occupied Iraq is a mixed bag of terrorists, common criminals, misguided "patriots", and former Baath party thugs hiding in a sea of ordinary Iraqi civilians who just want to survive and get by. There are also an awful lot of Kurds there, who helped us fight Saddams army, cooperate with us, and haven't killed Americans.

Nuclear weapons and carpet bombing cities are just fantasy solutions that would turn a major disaster into an unprecedented catastrophe and still wouldn't eliminate Al Quaida. Genocide is not the American way.