To Texastigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by burnline1, May 15, 2003.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I've never seen Cowboy Mouth but I have to go with the Neville Brothers as the best ever band from Louisiana followed closely by the Radiators - Saw the Rads at Tipitinas a couple of weeks ago and they are still great.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Re: To Texastigers

Go Bulldogs!

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Go see Cowboy Mouth and watch Fred.

Then get back to me.

However your list was very nice as well.
    I would say Louisiana LeRoux needs to be on that list.

But Cowboy Mouth is true greatness, my favorite band.

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Watching Cowboy Mouth is like taking an aerobics class!
    How can someone have that much energy?

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Re: Re: Re: To Texastigers

Amen! (Only on friday nights) On Saturday nights it's Go Tigers!

6. TexasTigers

The greatness of Fred.

One great Louisianaian..

Are you with me ???
    [​IMG]

We are Cowboy Mouth from New Orleans Louisiana...

I am telling anyone who likes good rock n roll, loves Louisiana Cowboy Mouth is your band, I travel all over Texas to see them.
    One time in Austin, they saw my LSU hat on the front row and all 5 of them came over to give me my a nod of approval. Fred grabbed it and signed it for me.

Sure I am coming off like a 15 year old girl right now, but I am telling you the Mouth is one heck of a show.

7. They play in Houston from time to time and the show is always packed with people from LSU.

they were here in September opening for Better Than Ezra and a huge LSU chant broke out during their set - the band just looked around at the crowd and each other in amazement....

Always a good time, and always something to be proud of having (deep) Louisiana roots.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I remember Louisiana LeRoux from the 70's Are they still together? The only song of theirs I remember is "New Orleans Ladies"

And then theres' Buddy Guy who left Baton Rouge with only the clothes on his back and his guitar and caught a train to Chicago in 1955 and became a Blues Legend.

I go to Houston pretty often. Dosen't Cowboy Mouth play there a lot?

9. TexasTigers

Cowboy Mouth does play texas a good bit, I usually travel to Austin to see them and they usually play here (Dallas) once or twice a year.

I highly recommend you see Cowboy Mouth. Wear your LSU gear, you will be among friends.

visit www.cowboymouth.com for tour dates, nothing in Texas scheduled but I check weekly because they always add shows.

Geaux Tigers

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've seen Cowboy Mouth about 5 times but not in the last 4 years or so. I haven't heard them on the radio much but wouldn't think their songs (CD or radio) would be able to match the intensity of their live shows. Venues such as Grant Street (Lafayette), the Varsity, and other places of similar size are perfect for them. It helps the drummer (Fred) communicate to the crowd. One of the best shows I ever saw was shortly after finals week. Fred knew his audience. He kept saying how good it must feel to be done with the semester and now it's time to let it go (his typical routine). I like how he does the "forget about tomorrow, yesterday's over, the time is now" sort of thing.

Our best time at a Cowboy Mouth show was in Tuscaloosa the night before LSU trounced Bama 26-0. The Tusk had about 3-1 more Bama fans but we took over the upstairs where the show was playing. They made us feel at home.