To the LSU fans in Tiger Stadium and your team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BamaBaby, Nov 18, 2002.

1. BamaBaby

BamaBaby Freshman

I just registered here to say thank you.

After the classless behavior of Ole Miss fans when Tyler got hurt during our game the attitude of the LSU faithful and the team was a refreshing site for sore eyes. It was an attitude I thought long forgotten, it was sportsmanship at it's best.

Randall might not be the best QB in the SEC but he has 2 things many don't, talent and heart. With time he could become your own Tyler Watts, and trust me that's not a bad thing. :) The look of concern on his face as Kenny King lay on the field and his gathering the offense in prayer was something I don't think I've seen an opposing player do in many years. That my friends is a young man that knows there is much more to this than just a game. That's leadership and if developed would be a true asset to your Tigers.

For their actions on Saturday I have a new found respect for your team. Last year I proudly wore an LSU cap with my BAMA sweatshirt to a local hangout here in Nashville. Even after the stomping ya'll gave us in our house I still respected and liked seeing LSU make it to Atlanta. I was proud to be the lone representative of the "west" and thanks to some great play by LSU I had a blast with the utk faithful.

As for the fans - your cheers were heard loud and clear when Kenny gave his thumbs up. Up until then you could hear a pindrop in "Deaf Valley" - I thank you for that. I thank you for the fun I've always had with your fan base and I wanted to say I'm behind the Tigers all the way to Atlanta once again! Of all the SEC West teams, if I can't root for BAMA I'd be happy to root for LSU.

You represent us all with class and pride. Now go show Eli that just cause he's a Manning doesn't mean squat!! I wanna pull that cap back out in December
    :p

2. Dixie Darlin

Dixie Darlin Founding Member

Well said Bamababy and I totally agree. The praying for Kenny by the LSU players was the classiest thing I have ever seen a team do. I hope some of the LSU bashers saw it!

3. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Very well said, BB, and, BTW...

I watched the game at "The Box Seat."

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

By the way...

How is Kenny King doing?

5. BamaBaby

BamaBaby Freshman

Re: By the way...

SabanFan seems he has a neck strain. He flew home with the team and by touchdown even his headache was gone. Kenny has a history of stingers and I thank everyone for their prayers and I'm happy to say they seemed to have been answered.

BTW - the commentators gave ya'll some major kudos for the medical facility on site and I thank you for that as well.